Is there a way to bulk delete courses. I have 77 to delete one at a time!

Re: Is there a way to bulk delete courses. I have 77 to delete one at a time!

by Robert Russo -
Number of replies: 5
We have written (still in final testing) a bulk archive and delete tool for 1.9 which backs up courses to a specified folder and appends the username (or other field) of all instructors to the filename. It then allows instructors to bulk delete all courses which have been successfully backed up.

This also works in concert with our simplified restore tool, which searches for archives based on username (or other field) and allows instructors to restore these otherwise non-accessible courses.

We do this so instructors do not have the ability to download course archives onto unprotected computers.
In reply to Robert Russo

by noemi flores -
Where can we dowload the bulk archive and delete tool. We use 1.9 and would love to give it a shot.
In reply to noemi flores

by Robert Russo -
Email elearning@lsu.edu and I will send it to you.
In reply to Robert Russo

by Marc Grober -
Robert -
Are you interested in having this in M&P and serving as the maintainer?
See http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-605
In reply to Marc Grober

by Robert Russo -
I posted our latest code to the tracker along with some descriptions of what the system is and what it does.
In reply to Robert Russo

by Robert Russo -
I'd love to add bulk restores to ours, but we don't have that need as instructors like the control our system gives them. besides, they only have to click one button do restore any of their old courses into the current course.