Recreate accidently deleted Quiz Grades item in 1.9 Grader Report

Recreate accidently deleted Quiz Grades item in 1.9 Grader Report

by Vikram Solia -
Number of replies: 7
Hi guys!

I have managed to delete the grade item for the quiz score from the grader report in Moodle 1.9. Any quick way of recreating it or recreating the default report without fiddling with the database?

Am in a quandary...help would be highly appreciated especially before I pull my hair out.

TIA
In reply to Vikram Solia

Re: Recreate accidently deleted Quiz Grades item in 1.9 Grader Report

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
One way to get it back is to go to the quiz, click on the 'Update this quiz' button, then click save changes (with, or without changing anything).

(Oh, and when you go to the quiz page, you get some minor errors if the grade item has been deleted. I am just fixing that, so no need to report it in the tracker.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Vikram Solia -
Thanks for the timely help Tim!

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a 'Restore Default Report' Button instead to keep the daredevils like me shooting themselves in the foot?
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Vikram Solia -
Another thought Tim!

Wouldn't it be better if it was impossible to delete the grades posted by the individual modules? An attempt to delete them should only hide them after a warning. The calculated items and categories that created by the user should only perhaps remain available for deletion.

I say so because other components / modules of Moodle e.g. Certificate Module of Chardelle Busch might be dependent on the existence of individual grade items corresponding to the various activities as well as some way of summarising course completion.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Vikram Solia -
Problem not fully solved!

The grade item corresponding to the quiz got recreated but lost the grads of the students who had attempted before that sad

Any ideas for that?
In reply to Vikram Solia

by Vikram Solia -

Have posted this as a bug at tracker.  MDL-11889  Inadvertently classified it as major...actually my first bug post at Moodle and it is showing.

In reply to Vikram Solia

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I discussed this with Petr at the moot yesterday, and he knew about this bug and was planning to fix it when he got time.