Automaticity?

Automaticity?

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers

This may be silly and not even warrant a reply, but here goes:

Does anybody know if it is possible to have some moodle teacher abilities be automatic?  For example, to have a setting where a hidden topic or week could be set to automatically become unhidden on Mondays at 8 a.m. EST.  Or to have a post be automatically sent out on a certain date?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Automaticity?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It is an interesting point. Perhaps we should think about bolting a SOAP server (or similar) onto Moodle so that various processes can be 'remote controlled'.

The only way you could do this at the moment is to access the database directly. You *could* issue commands to the database via a CRON job, but its living *very* dangerously.
In reply to Howard Miller

by David Lamotte -

A far better way is to implement some form of Content Management where the information is filtered prior to display.

Typo3 does this by allowing you to set a 'display from' and 'display until' dates on any entry.  You would probably also want a 'purge from database' date as well.

David

In reply to David Lamotte

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Interesting, but miles away from my understanding.  I've seen some other CMS bantered about on these forums, i.e. Xoops, PHpNuke, Mambo.  Maybe someday those of you "in the know" about such things can discuss the advantages/disadvantages of each and how they fit with Moodle.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Claudio Tavares -
Hi, I have a similar problem.
I need a way to show/hide topics based on each student advance in learnings and time.
Were a student with 3 weeks can see topic 3, but other student that just joined a week ago can only see the topic one.
Is it possible?

Other way could be let everithing open and manage the resources.
That will solve the problem.
A scripts that manage (via e-mail) send the topic 1 resources to one student at the seventh day, and the topic 3 resources to another student the day 21th.

Thanks