How do you setup Authorize.net?

How do you setup Authorize.net?

by Alison Wright -
Number of replies: 1

I know very little about e-commerce things.  An internal client would like a moodle installation that takes credit card payments for a course.  I understand the Authorize.net thing does this - how do I set this up once I've installed Moodle?

What do I have to do? Moodle-wise and Authorize.net-wise?

The MoodleDocs doesn't seem to detail this.  I'd like to be sure this option will work for my client.  Can you anyone advise please?

TIA

Alison

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alison Wright

Re: How do you setup Authorize.net?

by Raymond Turner -
I've been having some Authorize.net issues myself, but as far as setting it up all you need to do is go to courses / enrolment and then you'll see a screen that gives you several options, the internal enrolment should be selected by default. to change that click authorize.net as default and enable it, you'll also need to go into settings which is right next to the default option. after you've clicked edit, you'll see a screen asking you to enable the HTTPS. make sure that HTTPS or SSL is active and enabled on your server, if its not, then YOU WILL BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR SITE! This is very important that you have HTTPS enabled on the server first before enabling it on moodle.

once that is taken care of you'll be able to access the settings for authorize.net you'll need to add your username and password and make any changes to the settings as you see fit. I hope that helps