Stopping auto-enrollment?

Stopping auto-enrollment?

by Clark Moodler -
Number of replies: 4
Hi

I just noticed that unless a course has an 'enrolment key' in the settings, any student in the system can enroll in that course. That's kind of an issue for us, since the default for every course is that it does not have an enrolment key.

Is there some way to make it so that students cannot auto-enroll in all the courses, even if the courses Don't have an enrolment key?

I would think that would actually be the default...

thanks,
clark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clark Moodler

Re: Stopping auto-enrollment?

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I second that there should be an option for this. I could do it in 1.5, because some of the enrolment modules could block the internal enrolment methods.

-eric
In reply to Clark Moodler

by Joaquín Barranco -
We have a similar problem.

We want people to request to enrol in whichever courses are open, but don't want them to enrol directly as students. We created a new role called "requesters" that doesn't have moodle/course:view capability.

After we have all the requesters on a course we want to choose manually/automatically the ones that will become students in that particular course.

We established the role by default in the course to be "requester", but we don't know if it's going to work yet.
In reply to Joaquín Barranco

by Pradeep Gatram -
Hi Joaquin,

Thats an interesting idea. I am facing a similar situation and would love to see your views on this...

1. Can you let the forum know if it worked for you?
2. How will the Teacher/Administrator know that there are some requesters that need to be enrolled as students? Were you able to setup some email/message to the Teacher/Administrator?

Pradeep
In reply to Joaquín Barranco

by al ghaz -

Hi,

I was looking for the same thing Basically students must be approved by admin manually (no paypal or authorize.net either) to get enrolled in a course . And of course, even when enrolled in one course, they should not be able to get enrolled in another without admin approval (it would be nice, though, if they could send in a request for approval)

I'm kind of surprised that more people aren't interested in this and there is no clear way for it.

can anyone help?