PHP Curl library is not installed

PHP Curl library is not installed

by Richard Crampton -
Number of replies: 21

Networking >> Settings >>> Then i get this message saying(PHP Curl library is not installed ) in a red box.

There is a link saying (More information about this error) i click on it and it tell me to remove a line of code but i don't have a folder called "apache"

What do i do/

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crampton

Re: PHP Curl library is not installed

by coco fu -
Hi
Look for php.ini in php folder.
In the php.ini file look for php_curl.dll.
Uncomment the ";" for the extension=php_openssl.dll.
Remember to restart your apache server.
Coco
In reply to coco fu

by LOUIS FREDERICK RAKOTOARISON -
I enables curl everything but still doesn't work. Is this something to install, changing this code is enough?

Thanks!

Fredy
In reply to LOUIS FREDERICK RAKOTOARISON

by Maria SHILINA -
How did you solve this problem? I made changes in php.ini, but still my Moodle doesn't see curl.Сердитый
In reply to Maria SHILINA

by Marco Ferra -
Maria ,
I also had this problem, with Curl and OpenSSL extension of php.

The solution I found out is that I discovered that Curl requires libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll and OpenSSL requires only libeat32.dll.
(see here:http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.extensions.php)

Both libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll should be already in PHP root directory (or you could download the lastest php zip package and extract it!!! ).

You should copy libeay32 and ssleay32 in C:\windows\ directory....exactly as you should done with php5ts.dll.

after that...restart apache and test in moodle if all php ext are correctly installed.

For me all works now,
In reply to Marco Ferra

by Maria SHILINA -

Thank you, Marco for your answer... but it didn't work for me. I did everything as you described, but... curl and openssl are still yellow in my Server Checks Грустный

Any more ideas?

In reply to Marco Ferra

by Maria SHILINA -

Wow! Marco, thank you so much! it really works! The problem was that my php.ini for Moodle is located in apache folder Улыбка I copied yhe described files there and... it works!

In reply to LOUIS FREDERICK RAKOTOARISON

by Marco Ferra -
Hi Louis,
I answered to Maria a solution that could work for you also.

Copy libeay and ssleay32 in C:\windows directory and restart apache.
you find this 2 dll in php root directory.

All should works
Marco
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marco Ferra

by James Bray -

Hi there, I am seeing this same problem, but even after moving these DLL files I am seeing the error. I am on windows server 2008, with IIS7, and CURL is the only extension that I can't get to work properly...

Any more advice?

In reply to Marco Ferra

by Peter Zettin -
Hi Mr. Ferra!

Thank you for your advice. I have the same problem but even after moving these DLL files I get this error. (Windows Server 2008 x86, IIS7, PHP 5,2 14.

Thank your for your help.
Peter
In reply to Peter Zettin

by lauren a. -

james and peter - did either of you find a fix for this? i am having the same problem. curl is the only one not appearing to be installed, and the suggestion above did nothing for me. i am also using a windows 2008 server but am using apache instead of iis.

In reply to lauren a.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Howard Miller

by lauren a. -

i had, thanks - since it was 7 years old and referred to php4 i was a little concerned about it being effective at this point but i'm close to giving it a try as everything else that has been suggested has seemed to help others but not my situation. i'm currently going to install another curl dll and if that doesn't work then i'm going to try that one.

i've been spending all day on this single issue - arrrrrrgggggh!

In reply to Howard Miller

by lauren a. -

i tried that solution and it didn't work. i also had tried to use the php_curl.dll from php 5.3 and it didn't work either. i did, however, stumble on someone who discovered that if they installed the php_curl.dll from 5.2.13 then it would work.

and hallelujah, it did.

thought i would post this to let everyone know just in case they try to find this very solution and nothing else seems to fix it.

In reply to Peter Zettin

by William Wallace -

Hey guys, I too am running into a curl issue where moodle refuses to see it as installed. (I've got a Win 2003 server, with IIS6, PHP 5.2.14.) The dlls listed in this thread are already in the system32 folder, the php.ini file is configured correctly and I have tried using the 5.2.13, 5.2.14, 5.3.3 versions of the curl dll. Nothing seems to work. Is there anything else I can try? The boss isn't going to take 'it doesn't work' as an answer!

In reply to William Wallace

by lauren a. -

i'm happy to try and help only because i suffered for way too long on this issue.

first question - do you have a php info file to be able to see what is running in php? from my server i access mine from http://localhost/info.php - but yours could be anything. the first clue to me that it wasn't a moodle problem was that curl didn't even appear in phpinfo.

second question - and i'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but did you restart your server each time you changed the php file? i am not using iis but i know from apacheland i need to restart it every time i make a change.

In reply to lauren a.

by William Wallace -

I'm assuming you are talking about a phpinfo.php file, if I'm wrong let me know. I created one earlier and I see that curl isn't listed when I pull it up.

No worries about insulting my intelligence, it's too easy to miss something simple and I obviously have missed something. But to answer your question, yes I did a restart after each edit.

In reply to William Wallace

by lauren a. -

yes, phpinfo - mine is just called info...but that is the one.

since it doesn't appear in there it means it isn't installed and isn't actually a moodle-specific issue (but obviously one a lot of us are encountering since we're expecting it to play nice for moodle). i noticed in my apache error log the attempt for it to be loaded was causing an apache error.

i have seen some people document it working with the 5.2.13 versions of both php_curl.dll as well as libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll (in the system32 folder) - have you tried that or just 5.2.13 of php_curl.dll? i have also seen some people say that php5ts.dll needs to be in the system32 folder. i have also seen some people report that libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll and php5ts.dll all need to be in the same folder where php.ini is. and of course you have to restart after each attempt to make this work right. smile

apparently 5.3 has enough changes to it that it won't work with 5.2 dll files so i wouldn't even go there (though i did, with no success).

In reply to lauren a.

by William Wallace -

I did not change out the libeay32.dll or the ssleay32.dll, just the php_curl.dll. I guess I will have to go back and try changing all of them to see what happens. If none of that works then I'll move to the php5ts.dll.

These kinds of problems always make me want to pull my hair out.

In reply to lauren a.

by William Wallace -

Just an update on the curl issue. I have been told that php version 5.2.14 has buggy curl support and more often than not will not work correctly. Curl was fixed as soon as I uninstalled 5.2.14 and switched to version 5.2.13.

In reply to Richard Crampton

回复: PHP Curl library is not installed

by Chao Zhang -

Hi Richard,

I have another solution for your condition.

Copy 4 files(libeay32.dll, ssleay32.dll, php5ts.dll, php.ini) from php directory and 1 file(php_curl.dll) from php/ext directory to C:/windows/system32 directory and restart apache.

All should work.