Project

Project

by jonelle faulkner -
Number of replies: 1

Im just about to start my final year project at uni.  My project was going to be adding to a local schools newly installed moodle.

Ive been reading through the forums for some kind of homework management .  I am new to moodle and am still figuring out how it works.

Am i right in thinking that if students wish to submit homework they have to use one of the following options,

either emailing thier homework to the teacher with an attachment, or if an assessment has been made submitting it that way.  Both ways involve an attachment.

This could be time consuming for teachers to download every file.  Is there a way currently availiable for all submitted homework to be made into the same format which doesnt involving the teacher to download it?

Also if students wish to submit homework which is not on the assessment section, would this have to be emailed?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jonelle faulkner

Re: Project

by jonelle faulkner -

i have an idea to create (not sure yet how) a submit homework button on the students page for students to submit completed homework.  My initial idea gives them the opportunity to choose (from a drop down box) which teacher they would like to submit it to.  I am also thinking of a button which will open a new window allowing them to create their homework in a format that will be easily accessable to the teacher (meaning that the teacher doesnt have to download the submitted work).  The reason for this is that most students at my childs school all use microsoft word for creating documents, which have to downloaded at the teachers end. On the teacher end the homework will be sent to a folder which has been created for the students class.  When the homework has been submitted a flag will appear on the folder telling the teacher that they have an updated/new file in the folder.

THis idea allows students to submit work which has been set, or unfinished work from school which had to be finished at home.  It would also be useful if a student is ill and off school as it will give them the ability to send in work which has been completed at home.