DragMath error (buttons missing)

DragMath error (buttons missing)

by Tarmo Sildeberg -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

Recently I installed DragMath and it worked nicely. Some days ago I saw a strange error: DragMath window I get two errors:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1776
and
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1777

Two buttons are completely missing - insert and cancel buttons. So I can make equations but I am not able to insert them at html editor.

I have followed the install instructions and replaced the smiley button and I have not created new smily button. My Moodle version is 1.7.2.

I have also included a screenshot of an error.

Any ideas what to look and where to look?

regards,
tarmo

Attachment dragmath_error.GIF
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tarmo Sildeberg

Re: DragMath error (buttons missing)

by John Isner -
Hi Tarmo,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Did you follow the DragMath installation instructions given in the documentation wiki, as described in this discussion? I just want to make sure because there was an original discussion with information that is no longer relevant (I wish I could erase it!).

If you followed the new instructions, you installed two separate packages: (1) DragMath from sourceforge and (2) DragMath Integration from the modules and plugins database. Let me know if this is what you did, and if so we will look into the error.

Incidentally, do you remember anything else interesting that may have happened on your site around the time of the error?

In reply to John Isner

by Tarmo Sildeberg -
Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. I have installed the DragMath according to the instructions and it worked fine. But I also found a solution. At first the buttons were displayed in a small window. Afterwards (now) the are displayed but outside of the small window so I just have to increase the window size and I'll see and can use the buttons again.
Quit stupid of me smile ... sorry.

Anyway, can you explain the error messages I get at the top?

Shortly after installing DragMath I installed 3 filters: multimovie, geobra and freemind. I already disabled them and deleted tha cataloques but the errors remain. That is all I can currently say about previous activities before the error.

with best regards,
tarmo

In reply to Tarmo Sildeberg

by John Isner -
Hi Tarmo,
Window resizing should not be necessary. The integration package installation instructions explain how to change the width and height parameters of the popup. It says that you must change two lines in the file $CFG->dirroot/lib/editor/htmlarea/dialog.js

Are you sure you did it?

I don't see how installing other filters could affect the behavior of DragMath.

I'm not sure I know exactly which lines the error messages are referring to in your version of Moodle, but I can see approximately where they are. Was there anything unusual about the way you were logged in? For example, were you logged in as Guest? Describe the course you were in and how the HTML editor is being accessed. For example "I was logged in as Teacher and I was creating a Label in a topic block in one of my courses." Then I will try to duplicate the problem.

I apologize for the large font. It started happening and I could not change it. The HTML editor on Moodle.org is mis-behaving today smile