full length header

full length header

by Will Cunningham -
Number of replies: 6
I am working with the formal_white theme and I would like to make the header across the top span the whole page, like it is on moodle.org. I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any direction would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Cunningham

Re: full length header

by Steve Hyndman -

The header image doesn't actually span the entire width. You just make your header image the size you want (easiest if you match the size of the default image), replace the default logo, and then set the background color of the header (in the css) to match the background color of your image.

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Will Cunningham -
Thanks for responding.

I would like to make it span the entire width. Thats where I am running into problems. Here is my site, cunninghamclassroom.com
The striped background in the header I would live to have span across the width of the page.
I just can't figure out how to do it.

by Will Cunningham -
I've been going through the css all night and I just can't seem to get it. Any help?

by Will Cunningham -
Bueller?........Bueller?

Anyone got any ideas?

by Julian Ridden -
You had me a Bueller. ;)

On my screen (Firefox on Mac) it is 100% width.

Make sure your boy tag has margn and padding set to 0, that should do the trick.

i.e.

body {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Will Cunningham -
Thanks for responding. I gave up trying and went with modifying the solstice theme. It was so much better than I could do on my own.