Gallery2 2.2.3 Moodle integration

Gallery2 2.2.3 Moodle integration

by Douglas Dixon -
Number of replies: 5

I have been trying to get the MGM module working with Gallery2 2.2.3 which is the latest version of Gallery2. Has anyone tried to do this yet? Has anyone successfully done it? Is it a futile attempt? I have upgraded it to work with capabilities, and I fixed the redirect issue, so this is compatable with all versions of moodle after 1.7, but I want to get it updated to work with the latest version of Gallery2, and not just version 2.1.2

For some weird reason I got it to work on my local machine, but I can't get it to work anywhere else.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Douglas Dixon

Re: Gallery2 2.2.3 Moodle integration

by Angela Roberts -
Could you give a little bit more detailed description of where you are on this project. What has been done, what needs to be done etc. I would be interested in seeing this happen as well. But, before I can figure out how to contribute it would be helpful to be able to understand the history of the project and the current state of the operation.

thanks

angela
In reply to Angela Roberts

by Genner Cerna -
just dig into the forum, someone already successfully integrated it.

by James Rudd -
One small bug,
Line 124 of view.php,
g2_itemId=albumid\">
should be
g2_itemId=$instance->albumid\">$

I've been testing on my Windows test install with
Moodle 1.8.3
and
Gallery version = 2.2.3 core 1.2.0.5
PHP version = 5.2.3 apache2handler
Webserver = Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8e mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.3
Database = mysqli 5.0.45-community-nt, lock.system=database
Toolkits = Exif, Gd
Acceleration = none, none
Operating system = Windows NT 5.1 build 2600

So far seems to be working OK. Have yet to try on our main Linux test bed.
In reply to James Rudd

by Douglas Dixon -

James,

I have noticed that it seems to work in a windows environment, but not in a linux environment. I am not sure why at this point. Are you using the same MGM code that is availble from the module page in your windows environment, or have you modified the code at all? Thanks for your reply, it has been helpful.

by James Rudd -
I've just been trying on a SLES 10.1 server with Moodle 1.9B2 and it seemed to have quite a few problems.
  • Was not creating albums in Gallery2
  • Breadcrumbs not working as method used is depreciated (I've been doing some minor fixes on this using the new navigation generator)
  • Some permissions issues. IT appears to create groups but not add users. Still testing though.
Has anyone else managed to get this working on Linux?