Editing A Question Erro

Editing A Question Erro

by Debbie McDonald -
Number of replies: 2

Hello I was able to get moodle to run from another server which means I am probably having permission problems on original server. I have everything up and running but have run into the error message when I am trying to create a quiz:

Warning: mkdir(/home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/3) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 773

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/3)

Warning: opendir(/home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 829

Error: unable to read this directory! : /home2/dmcdonal/public_html/moodle/3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie McDonald

Re: Editing A Question Erro

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The directory you specify for dataroot in the config.php must be a directory that exists and is writeable by Moodle.

At the moment you've specified the main Moodle directory as the location to save data, which is not a good idea.

You need to create a directory somewhere else (eg /home2/dmcdonal/moodledata), make it writeable (eg chmod 707) and set up Moodle correspondingly:

$CFG->dataroot = "/home2/dmcdonal/moodledata";

Your system administrator should be able to help with this.