undefined method document XMLDBFile.class.php

undefined method document XMLDBFile.class.php

by Ian North -
Number of replies: 6
I have just installed moodle 1.8.2 php 5 apache 2 on win2003 everything was going well until it got to setting up the database when I got the php message

No warnings - Scroll to the continue button

(mysql): SHOW TABLES

(mysql): SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_database'

(mysql): SET NAMES 'utf8'

(mysql): SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_database'

Fatal error: Call to undefined method domdocument::load() in C:\apache\htdocs\curric\lib\xmldb\classes\XMLDBFile.class.php on line 85

and there it stops.
please has any body got ideas.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian North

Re: undefined method document XMLDBFile.class.php

by Ian North -

Well fixed it the. There was lots of error messages in the apache log that referred to XML here is an example of one

PHP Notice:  Constant XML_ATTRIBUTE_DECL_NODE already defined in Unknown on line 0

I found on the net somewhere a suggestion to comment out the extnesion for domxml and that cured it and my data base is now installed and running.big grin

In reply to Ian North

by Adolfo Franco -

Thanks smile I had the same problem too - when trying to install moodle using WAMP5 in Windows XP...

But i dont get it... shouldnt domxml extension be enabled in php5??? Does anyone have any clues??

In reply to Adolfo Franco

by Richard Enison -

AF,

The answer to the first question is ... no! It is commented out in my php.ini, and I'm using PHP 5.2.0. If you comment it out in yours and the problem goes away, doesn't that answer your question?

Does that count as a clue? tongueout

RLE

EDIT: PS. DOM/XML support is shown as being enabled in my phpinfo output in spite of the above. So why argue with success?

In reply to Ian North

by andy choo -
Hi, I have faced the same problem.
Wondering if you guys have any workable advise for me to resolve my issue?

Thanks in advanced,
Andy
In reply to Ian North

by Derek Nugent -
I'm having the same trouble and disabeling an XML function hardly seems like a workable answer if you need the xml functions in question sad

All the best

Derek
In reply to Derek Nugent

by Richard Enison -
DN,

As I said earlier in this thread (and about a year ago), hey! If it works, why argue with success? Try it and see. What works and what "seems workable" to our puny intuitions are two different things. See also my earlier post, and http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=101283. Particularly the last few posts between GT and MK.

RLE