Limit in Student notes/Journal

Limit in Student notes/Journal

by Steve Bilton -
Number of replies: 5
This is a quote from one of my students.

"Is there a limit to the size of student notes, I am unable to add anymore"

I have looked at the students notes and there are quite a lot if entries and is very long.

I would guess that there is a limit to the amount of notes allowed within the journal module. Does anyone know where I can change/hack this is the PHP coding, or is this a limit with the MySQL? I hope someone can let me know soon.

Many thanks All!

Steve

P.S. I am using a very old version of Moodle 1.4.2+ on this site, I know I know, i'm working on an upgrade....tongueout
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Bilton

Re: Limit in Student notes/Journal

by Steve Bilton -
Hello All,

from reading old posts I discovered that there is a limit to the size of the student journal.
"It's 32k or something, and a limitation of web forms. " <- Martin's quote

After looking at the php for the module i can't find an easy place to edit the code to allow for larger notes, i.e. a full single student journal of all lessons.

Where can I edit the code to allow for larger text content? Does this have to reply on the size of data in a web form?

Any clues would be mucho appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

In reply to Steve Bilton

by Jocelma Rios -

Dear friends,

I´ve had this same problem. A student has made daily notes for 3 months, and then now he can´t do more.

I thought in this solution: to substitute the journal resource for the task resource. What do yout about that?

Thanks all!!

Jocelma Rios

Escola de Gestores Program - MEC (Ministry of Education - Brazil)

UFBA (Federal University of Bahia)/FACED (Education College) Group

In reply to Jocelma Rios

by Bruno Vernier -
since you only have one student in one journal

just create an assignment (online type) and cut and paste the 3 months worth of notes from his journal to his new assignment (or ask him to do it for you)
In reply to Steve Bilton

by suzette vieu -
i can't say i know whether or not it is limited at all but i wouldn't think it would be...