Moodle documentation: Moodle.docs on local Intranet server

Moodle documentation: Moodle.docs on local Intranet server

by K.James Mathai -
Number of replies: 6

Can we have Moodle.docs on local Intranet server if so how?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to K.James Mathai

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle.docs on local Intranet server

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can download a copy from http://wimski.org/docs/ and put it on your local server (it's just html pages).

Then in your Moodle, change the "docroot" variable to point to your chosen location.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Thank you, never knew where these were located for downloading and never thought to ask Helen smile Added this info to Moodle Documentation. Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Exactly the Same for me and the french documentation smile
Séverin

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
My apologies, disregard the second part of what I said. Eloy pointed out to me that unfortunately the paths don't match so you can't use it as a replacement for the Moodle Docs links.

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It's what i was thinking, seeing how files was named...

Would'nt it be possible Eloy to keep the MoodleDocs structure and file names, to be able to use it for some site ?
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Séverin,
First, Thank you K. James for this thread.

That is the way I read it. This should be the only way a different docroot will work. It has to have the same structure (folders) and file names after the pointer.

Did you see my two low tech batch files suggestions to Ivan in this forum? big grin Eloy, or someone with more brains than me, probably has an easier way and hopefully already invented most of the wheel when they created the HTML files.

There are so many redirects in MoodleDocs, trying to figure out what is what for a reasonable min number of pages, will be a lot of work in itself. You might be able to get away with a full copy of the French MoodleDocs as a starting point for a custom MediaWiki but not the en version.

In other news: I did a little work on the Moodle Docs page (given recent posts here), which led me to a "help" page that got me thinking about a page on "Help files" just to assist the new user.

Chris