Folders or Directories of Resources?

Re: Folders or Directories of Resources?

by A. T. Wyatt -
Number of replies: 0
Greetings, Ethan!
I am a bit confused as to where you are seeing this list of resources. If you are looking at the resources link in the activities block, you see that the resources are arranged in the same order as they were presented in the topic.

I do have faculty members who have separate topics for each type of resource. These instructors use moodle merely as a document repository, and they teach in a regular face to face classroom. They put powerpoints in one topic, articles in another. This method could be used to display resources in a certain order.

You could also provide a "display a directory" resource in your moodle topic where students directly accessed the files. It wouldn't work so well for links, but if you mostly had file based items you could create a structure for them.

If they need the resources presented chronologically to provide a context for instruction AND have an organized document repository as well, you could do both. As long as you have the files arranged in the desired folder structure within your course files area, you can present them to students chronologically in the topics and also use the sidebar block or set up a directory link in the topic summary area to allow students selective access to the files area of your course. They would have the best of both worlds.

I hope one of those things will at least get you started!

atw