Strange Display - brackets, brackets everywhere!

Strange Display - brackets, brackets everywhere!

by jeremy kerr -
Number of replies: 5
Hi everyone,

I just installed Feedback to create a survey for the end of each of our classes.

This seems to be exactly what i'm looking for ..

however, the display is really, really, strage. i have square brackets surrounding a large number of titles ..

have a look at my attached image to see what i mean.

is this a configuration error? an install error? incompatibility issue with my server?

thanks!

-jeremy
Attachment feedback.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jeremy kerr

Re: Strange Display - brackets, brackets everywhere!

by jeremy kerr -
Answered my own question:

I updated the language packs.

Cool module.

Clunky install.

More questions to follow.

-jeremy
In reply to jeremy kerr

by Dave Baron -
Thanks for that solution, I have been banging my head on the desk all evening with the same error. Great module but the install is horrible and the readme not really much help for a dodo like me.
In reply to jeremy kerr

by Ian Ralph -
Jeremy, or anyone,

Can you give me a for dummies version of how to update the Language to fix this module

Thanks

Ian
In reply to Ian Ralph

by Dave Baron -
Ian
not sure if this is the proper way to do it but I downloaded and unzipped the feedback module onto my pc and found the folder moodle\lang\en_utf8\ which contains a folder called help and two files block_feedback.php and feedback.php. I then ftp'd into my moodle server, I opened the moodle\lang folder on the server and copied the files block_feedback.php and feedback.php into the en_utf8 folder on the server and copied the folder feedback into the help folder within en_utf8 on the server.
I am not sure if that's what I was supposed to do but it seems to have worked, that is stopped the bracketing!
Dave
In reply to Dave Baron

by Ian Ralph -
Thank David,

I have since found that the latest version also works without having to copy the lang files. I appreciate the time you took to write a response.

Ian