repeating assignments

repeating assignments

by Lucy Mellersh -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I'd like to create a repeating assignment.

Each week the students must upload a particular file (can't overwrite previous week's). Each week the students must also fill in a new online text assignment (also shouldn't be able to change previous week's). I've used backup and restore to copy my 2 basic assignments fifteen times each and then edited the dates to correspond to the weeks.

I found it very time consuming changing the due dates each time. It would be good if I could use Tab to jump between fields or just choose a due date from a calendar instead of choosing day, month and year each time. It would also be good if I could choose a due date and allow submissions for one week (or a specified number of days) before.

Now I'm worried that the tutors in this course may want to have the description of the assignments changed. Or even worse, the window of time allowed for submissions. That would mean going in and editing each one all over again! Are there any shortcuts that are not too technical?

by the way, I'm using topics format (not weekly).

I'd appreciate any help,

Lucy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucy Mellersh

Re: repeating assignments

by Lucy Mellersh -
Sorry I was long-winded. I have two questions:

1) Is there a way of writing the description once externally and just embedding it into each description?

2) Is there a way of editing the due dates for a list of assignments without going into each assignment using "update assignment"?

Thanks,
Lucy
In reply to Lucy Mellersh

Re: repeating assignments

by Lucy Mellersh -
Hi,
Just in case anyone has a similar problem, here's my solution (not brilliant, but the best I've come up with on my own):

1) I used the HTML object tag to embed an html page containing the task desctiption. I keep this page in the files section.

2) The easiest way of changing the dates seems to be through the calendar.

Lucy