One-On-One Virtual Tutoring

One-On-One Virtual Tutoring

by Manish Verma -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I have come across many sites providing a pool of teachers for one-on-one virtual tutoring and seem to be doing well.  What I wonder is that what stops a teacher to give his/her skype ID to the student directly in one or two session(s) to be contacted directly for future and hence bypass these mediators.

The only way I can see is to provide fixed monthly salary to the teachers to prevent this.

Any ideas/insight would be welcome.

Manish.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manish Verma

Re: One-On-One Virtual Tutoring

by William Rice -
In other words, what prevents the teacher from bypassing the middleman and taking on the student as a direct client? In my experience as a consultant, three things prevented consultants from absconding with clients:
  • The consultant's integrity.
  • The fear of being found out and losing a good reputation that was painstakingly built over many years.
  • The middleman added genuine value to the relationship, such as:
    • An workspace with tools that would be difficult or expensive to re-create.
    • Group medical and disability benefits.
    • Tax filing.
    • And other benefits you could get only from an employer.
The first two aren't under your control, because they happen in the consultant's (the teacher's) mind. But the third, adding value to the teacher-student relationship and to the teacher's business, is under your control.