To all Questionnaire users.
I am continuing to make small improvements to the Questionnaire module, especially trying to meet users' demands (when they are reasonable and within my - limited - programing skills).
Here is a list of the latest improvements/additions.
- 2.30 Changed example date formatting to 14th March 1945.
- 2.31 Added Osgood's Semantic Differential display for rate question.
- 2.32 Changed graphic display of results in rate question type: replaced "percentage bar" with single marker.
- 2.33 Added display of user's group in Display by response Results.
- 2.34 Added default = blank space for choice_1 in rate question type.
- 2.35 Changed the naming/numbering scheme for CSV export (and e-mail export). Now if question names are left empty an automatic numbering based on the actual number (i.e. position) of the questions in the Questionnaire.
- 2.36 Added help file "downloadtextformat.html" to explain this new naming/numbering scheme.
- 2.37 Made better provision for the "date" question type. Added explanation about the 1902-2037 date range "problem".
- 2.38 Made provision for better UTF-8 coding compliance.
- 2.39 Changed email output to something more user-friendly (based on the new naming/numbering scheme for CSV export).
- 2.40 Slightly modified the available options (buttons) on the Report pages. The Delete All Responses has been moved from the View by Response page to the View All Responses page (logically). The Download CSV button has been renamed Download in text format (following conventions in Quiz, etc.).
You will find all these changes on the Moodle Modules and plugins page, Questionnaire, by selecting Download latest version. It will work for Moodle 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 (dev) so, if you are using 1.7 or 1.8, please download the latest version, not versions for Moodle 1.7 or 1.8 because I have not yet had time to transfer the recent changes I made in latest version (1.9) to those earlier version (I will). There are and will be no changes for Moodle 1.6.
As usual, if you want to try out the very latest version for yourself you can test it online on my Moodle test site, log into the Questionnaire Module Demo course as teacher1, password teacher1 or teacher2, password teacher2 and answer, edit existing questionnaires or create your own. Teacher rights on that course are limited to editing and creating questionnaires, nothing else. In order to test the questionnaires from a student point of view there are two students enroled in that course: student1, password student1 and student2, password student2.
At the moment the following language files are available and up-to-date.
- English: all language strings & help files
- French: all language strings & help files (Joseph Rézeau)
- Português - Portugal (pt): all langue strings (thanks to Antonio Vilela)
- Español - Internacional (es): all language strings and most help files (thanks to Jesus Martin)
- Српски (sr_cr): all language strings (thanks to Marija C.)
- Srpski (sr_lt): all language strings (thanks to Marija C.)
Anyone familiar with the Questionnaire module and the way language files are edited is welcome to post here their up-to-date translation of at least the questionnaire.php language file and also the Help files. Do contact me first if you have questions about encoding, etc.