copying a lesson to another class

copying a lesson to another class

by Glenn Brown -
Number of replies: 4
We have two teachers that teach the same class. I would like to copy the lessons I create to the other teachers class. Is it possible?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Brown

Re: copying a lesson to another class

by Ray Kingdon -
Yes, you can take a Backup of the first course excluding everything except the Lessons. Then Restore that file into the Second course. It's a little tedious but it should work OK. Sometime in the future you will be able to acheive this using an XML export/import mechanism which will be a bit neater.

In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Matt Tawney -
Greetings-
It was mentioned that an export/import tool for lessons would be created shortly. Has this been created yet? I am teaching 5 sections of the same class and I would like to be able to upload the same lessons without have to copy and paste each one. Also, I have not figured out how to do the back trick you suggested-
Thanks-
Matt
In reply to Matt Tawney

by Morag Munro -
Hi Matt

Click the Backup link in Settings block on your course homepage. Select "Yes" for all of the activities in your course you want to include in your backup (in your case just lessons) and select "None" in the users field. Click continue, and then continue, then continue again. You will be taken to the files area on your course, where you will see your backed up course stored as a zip file. Right click on your backed up course to save it to your computer.

Next create a new moodle course(s) (or if you don't have rights to do so, ask your moodle administrator), then upload the zip file to the files area in the new course. You can then click Restore and follow the instrutions that follow to load the lesson into the new course(s).

Morag
In reply to Morag Munro

by Matt Tawney -
This works great. Thank you very much. I am a new moodler, and the support makes me think that I can do this in with my high school students. Thanks a ton-

Go Celtic-
mt