Subcategories and simple links

Subcategories and simple links

by Charles Angel -
Number of replies: 3

I'm new to this and testing it out still.  Looks quite nice so far.

I would like to see a more sophisticated category system.  Moodle appears geared for a particular institution or individual providing online course material.  I am looking to create an online system that allows from any institution or none to create online course material  and the way the current category structure is set up this could get messy.

I would also like to see a "Link" item be added to the Add menu (the one that includes assignments, choice, forum, etc).  This would allow you to create a simple link rather than an article that includes a link (the would be especially useful for the main menu section).

If these things are already possible and I'm missing something, please let me know.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Angel

Re: Subcategories and simple links

by Petri Asikainen -
>online system that allows from any institution or none to create online course material and the way the current category structure is set up this could get messy.

CVS-code have expremental version "course creators"-feature you can specify group of users who can create new courses, but cannot modify rest of system.

Is that what you need?
In reply to Petri Asikainen

Re: Subcategories and simple links

by Charles Angel -

That is a nice feature, but not what I'm looking for...I'm talking more about the course tree structure...right now you can only have one level of categories rather than a tree of multiple levels of categories.

By the way...I found the link resource for the main menu stuff I was asking about...no need to answer that one.