Paypal and enrolment and confirmation

Paypal and enrolment and confirmation

by Anne M -
Number of replies: 3
"I had another friend try to sign up for the class. She goes to the website, clicks there which takes her to Moodle. She creates an account. Then it takes her to the page that has the class on it, she clicks to buy it, then a page comes up that says the class is not public. I see that her name is listed on my student page.

but neither one can get t it. Kelly did get a confirmation email. Neither one has a payment showing in my Paypal.

I have a Enrollment Key for my students (in settings). Is that why they can't get in? Does it need to be put in their email? Where did you set up the confirmation email?"

Anybody know about any of that? (Even the non-question part.) I've never used Moodle before and this lady is asking me.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne M

Re: Paypal and enrolment and confirmation

by Cardinal Richelieu -
You will have to give some more information than what we have here.
  • Is the site using paypal enrollment?
  • Has the paypal enrollment been working previously?
  • If the site IS using paypal and there is no record of a paypal transaction, then the reason the students can't access the course is that there hasn't been a paypal transaction. Have the students check their paypal accounts to see that the payment has actually been made.
  • From the sound of it the site is using email confirmation for account creation, which is why the students have received emails from the site (when making their accounts). Check to see if they have received emails confirming their enrollment in the course, not the site.
  • I haven't tried the use of enrollment keys combined with Paypal enrollment, so I don't know how they interact.
In reply to Cardinal Richelieu

by Anne M -
Yes, the site is using Paypal enrolment.
No; it wasn't working previously; this is the first time this lady has ever used Moodle (and my first time messing with it as well).

She said nobody got enrolment emails.
In reply to Anne M

by Cardinal Richelieu -
Paypal enrollment requires that you set up and test the enrollment system using the paypal sandbox first.

See the thread I started a few days ago for a rough overview of the process, and see the other threads about paypal enrollment for specifics on some of these elements. For paypal enrollment to work you have to set the IPN at the paypal account in question to the paypal IPN address of the moodle site.