How do I enable blocks?

How do I enable blocks?

by Eduardo Del Valle -
Number of replies: 3
HI, I have been looking arround with no luck about how do I enable blocks on my moodle courses. Currently running 1.2.1. Do I need to get some extra module or something?

thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Del Valle

Re: How do I enable blocks?

by Herbert Keijers -
Hi, You need to upgrade to 1.3 to have the blocks where you want them.
In reply to Herbert Keijers

by Eduardo Del Valle -
Ok, thanks.
I have just done it; also I had the Memory limit issue but I found the solution searching a forum.

It was what I needed. Now I can make moodle "look like" blackboard (without spending the big $$$ figure) to the eyes of my faculty.

Thanks.
In reply to Eduardo Del Valle

by Sean Keogh -
Blocks are not available in version 1.2.1.  They were introduced in the development versions of 1.3.  Moodle 1.3 is currently in beta-test.  If you are relying on moodle for a production system, then it is best to stick to a stable release version like 1.2.1.

Beta-test versions are exactly that - *TEST* versions that should not be relied on in production systems.  Martin very rightly points this out whenever a new development or beta version comes along.

Having said that, 1.3 beta+ seems fairly stable to me at the moment, although various things are still being being fixed and fiddled with, so don't take my word for it!

Sean K Beardie