Apache Server on Novell

Apache Server on Novell

by John Keyse -
Number of replies: 6

I am running a Apache 1.3 web server on a Novell 6.0 server using sp4. I have installed MySql, PHP and have both running. But I keep getting the following error. dead

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in sys:/apache/nwdocs/moodle/admin/index.php on line 4

You need to create a config.php.
See the installation instructions.

I have already setup the config.php file and php and mysql seem to be working properly. I have try serveral things but am not able to get pass this error. Any one out there have experience with Novell??????? surprise

John Keyse wide eyes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Keyse

Re: Apache Server on Novell

by Michele Balazs -

Hi John

yes - i run moodle on NAMP. You need to edit your php.ini settings.

Specifically

open_basedir = ".;sys:\apache2;sys:\php;sys:\moodleData  etc etc  "

if set, limits all file operations to the defined directory and below, including the file itself.

Michele Balazs

In reply to Michele Balazs

by John Keyse -

I have tryed this and it does not work for me. Could you post a copy of you pnp.ini file. Or do you have any other instructions or pointers.

John Keyse

In reply to John Keyse

by Michele Balazs -

Try the open basedir line out then. If you still have aproblem, ill email my php.ini tommorow when im at work

Michele

by John Keyse -
Here is my file I did try rem out that line.
In reply to John Keyse

by Michele Balazs -

Hi

Its not remmed out at the moment but i guess you must have changed it back ? Have you run phpinfo.php to check the open base dir setting. I assume you have restarted the server after making the changes to the php.ini file.

If its ok ,after you rem out the open base dir line - try adding the moodle data directory to it and unremming it.

Let me know how you get on

Michele

by John Keyse -

Michele,

Sorry I did not get back to you we had a server problem after a lightning strike. We lost a raid config and had to rebuild it. But all is well now approve As far as my install problem I realized that when I made changes to the pnp.ini file I did not restart the server black eye I called myself several names after that LOL.

Thanks For all your help.

John