Time Zones

Time Zones

by Chris Clark -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

Tried searching through the forums and found nothing, don't know if someone has had this problem before:

I live in South Africa, and have my moodle site (www.thebarn.za.net) setup in New York, America (because of the competitive pricing).

When I set up my Moodle, I adjusted the time zone to be +02h00, which is applicable to me.

The problem is, that when I view the logs, it reports back to me in New York time, which is 7 hours behind me.

Any suggestions? TIA

Chris
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Clark

Re: Time Zones

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There are two time zone settings ... one default timezone for the whole Moodle site (when no one is logged in) in Admin -> Config -> Variables and one in your user profile (which overrides the default).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Chris Clark -

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much, just changed the time setting for each admin account.

I changed it from Server's Local Time (Your current time) to +02h00, and it worked.

Quite Strange... I thought if I changed it to +02h00 when I set Moodle up, it would be the set default for all new students?

Thanks again,

Chris

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by David Le Blanc -
I don't know if this is a local issue or a possible bug in the program; although I have my settings adujsted for Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8), the logs and other entries dispay one hour earlier (GMT -9). It's not really a problem but I thought I should mention it since I am certain I have everything correct in my settings. thoughtful