Are we Average People?

Are we Average People?

by Lee LikMeng -
Number of replies: 2

I have gone through the "How to use Lesson Module" three times.  Apparently, what the lesson says is not what is computed.  The Lesson Module actually averages all the grades and displays the average not the highest grade as indicated in the "lesson".  Since these lessons as meant to be for purposes of learning (summative) and not for testing, wouldn't it better to display all the grades. 

It might be helpful to the student and the teacher. 

Is the teacher about to see in detail each of the "answers" for a better understanding of where students are having difficulty with certain concepts, ideas or knowledge?  I haven't not been able to see this on this site.  Not been able to explore my own site yet (some probably with the server behind the firewall).

I seems to have read somewhere in the lesson that a students should be able to see his detailed grades in the activity reports but I have not been able to see this on this site.  I only got to see page once in my three attempts (graded 5, 10 and 5, average 6.7).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee LikMeng

Re: Are we Average People?

by Glenn Brown -

As far as students seeing grades, they log in and to the bottom left they will see a blue highlighted word---grades. When they click it, all of their grades are displayed. As the teacher, when you click grades, you will see all of their grades and have the option of downlaoading in wither text or excel format.

I hope that helps,

God Bless

Glenn Brown

In reply to Lee LikMeng

Re: Are we Average People?

by Ray Kingdon -
When you create a Lesson one of the options asks you whether you want to average the grades from multiple attempts at the lesson or to use the maximum from those attempts. The "How to..." lesson here is set to display the average grade.

I agree that the information back to the teacher about the operation of a Lesson is a bit spartan (to say the least big grin). Remember this module is under development and one of things it needs is a teacher's "admin" page to show how things are going. (The Exercise and Workshop modules do have Admin pages which show lots of things to the teather.) Another development on the table is the analysis of answers (similar to the what the Quiz module does now).