checkbox for the calendar

checkbox for the calendar

by Ger Tielemans -
Number of replies: 2

Jon,

Thinking about a way to make the interfaces of different Moodle moduls more alike, I was wondering...  Is this an idea for bringing in calendar events more easy:

The homepage of a course with the sections overview is the place where teachers and students have/keep the overview of that course.

Here is where teachers think about tuning the course and students think about ToDo choices...

• show the teacher/student in event edit view a sections overview of that course
  • show this view with a checkbox behind each activity in the sections
  • put the date of an activity (that has a date) in that calendar when it is checked
  • ask the user for a date (and a date comment)  for activities (like resources) that do not have dates, when they checkmark these:
    for teacher or student, even a resource could get a date reason, for example: "I should read this before date...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: checkbox for the calendar

by John Papaioannou -
Ger,

I think I understand what you describe (an easy way to massively add personal events as "reminders" in the calendar), but I think this is too complicated... for one, activities can add these events themselves in the calendar (and later on maybe we can make filters for these automatic events) and secondly, you can add them manually. How many events do you want to add and the manual way isn't enough? wide eyes

Jon