Glossary linking problem

Glossary linking problem

by Steven Day -
Number of replies: 3
Sorry, I know this has been discussed the most on this list. But I'm having problems getting the glossary autolinking to work. I have done the following thus far:
  • Added $CFG->textfilter1 = 'mod/glossary/dynalink.php'; to the config.php file, and uploaded it to the main directory
  • Changed themes several times
  • Turned on autolinking in glossary preferences
  • Search feature in glossary is working
  • Text filter is turned on

Any advice? I just installed 1.3B, so I'm working from a fairly recent version.

Thanks in advance.

Steven
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Day

Re: Glossary linking problem

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

Why did you add that dynalink? It is sufficient to:
  1. in Administration -> Configuration -> Filters make Glossary Autolinking active
  2. enable Automatically link glossary entries in Glossary properties
  3. enable linking in each glossary entry

Global glossaries are linked from the whole site, others only from its course.

There can be some problems with case conversion in other than 8859-1 encodings.

skodak
In reply to Steven Day

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Steven,

I really think that such method is really out of date. If I'm not wrog all you have to do is go to "Administration/Filters" and activate if there!!

Then if it's on your glossary and terms, it should work.

Hope this helps, ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Steven Day -
Thanks Petr and Eloy. Yes, I figured out that looking at postings over a few months old is not the best way to solve problems. The problem was not ticking off autolink for each entry. Went back and did that; now everything works great!

You guys are amazing. I don't think it took even one hour for you to reply. Thanks again! Before posting, I do try to figure out things--even though it does not appear that way.

Best,

Steven