Two admins or more admins

Two admins or more admins

by Sasa Kulic -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there!

I have a little problem to solve and couldn't find an easy way.
We have two admins at the moment. In email messages sent to users at the bottom it says:

"If you need help, please contact the site administrator,
Admin One, (admin1@email.com)"

How do I change this info for another admin, Admin Two (admin2@email.com)?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sasa Kulic

Re: Two admins or more admins

by Herbert Keijers -
I think you can only have one "head" admin.
He gets (by email) all the things that go wrong inside your environnement.
You can have many "second" admins,
you can have many course creators,
and so on ...
In reply to Sasa Kulic

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello,

go to Administration -> Configuration -> Language and change the email template in moodle.php, add next to $a->admin whatever you feel appropriate.

Hope it helps.

skodak
In reply to Sasa Kulic

by Gustav W Delius -
It seems that Herbert, Petr and I all interpret your question differently. I think you are asking how to reverse the roles of admin1 and admin2 so that admin2 becomes the main administrator who gets all the emails. If that is indeed your question than the answer is that there is unfortunately no user interface for that. However you can go into the database and in the table user_admins change the id fields for admin1 and admin2 so that admin2 gets a smaller id number than admin1. Moodle regards the admin with the lowest id number as the main one.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Sasa Kulic -
Yes, Gustav, that was my question, sorry if I sounded vague.
I realized that there is no admin interface for this and thought that the software simply picks the first admin in the database, as you said, but I wasn't sure, and didn't want to touch the database before I ask.
Thanks a lot everybody!