Error: You do not have permission to begin a remote session from this Moodle hub.

Error: You do not have permission to begin a remote session from this Moodle hub.

Tom Hogan -
Atsakymų skaičius: 4
I have set up two Moodle sites on the same server to network, as per the instructions.
When I am logged in as an administrator, I can roam just fine between the two (getting a duplicate user in each Moodle).

I then assigned the Student role the permission to roam, and tested.
Got this error message:
"You do not have permission to begin a remote session from this Moodle hub."

The student user I am testing with is enrolled in one course in Moodle A and cannot reach Moodle B.

Then I thought maybe the student role only applies to courses and not the entire site (incl networking) so I gave this test user the global role of Student in Moodle A. Still the same message.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Įvertinimų vidurkis: -
Atsakymas į Tom Hogan

Re: Error: You do not have permission to begin a remote session from this Moodle hub.

Donal McMullan -
Hi Tom - the administrator will have been granted permission to roam to other Moodles by virtue of the special "Allowed to do everything" permission (moodle/site:doanything).

Other users will have to be assigned a role that has the "Roam to a remote Moodle" permission (moodle/site:mnetlogintoremote). The easiest way to assign this, is to give it to the "Logged in user role", but of course your requirements may be more granular than this.

So - if it's a roles/permissions issue, this should fix it.

The error message you're reporting can only eventuate if:
  • The user doesn't have permission to roam
  • The user is a remote user who has already roamed to your Moodle
  • The user's username is the literal string 'guest'
  • The user's ID is not set (which can't be the case here)
Of these issues, "inadequate permissions" is the one most likely to be causing your problem.

Cheers - Donal
Atsakymas į Donal McMullan

Re: Error: You do not have permission to begin a remote session from this Moodle hub.

Anthony Borrow -
Core developers paveikslėlis Plugin developers paveikslėlis Testers paveikslėlis
Donal - I'm trying to setup the Moodle Network between two of our schools. I've followed the instructions and even as administrator (of the Dallas) I'm getting that I do not have permission to begin a remote session. The admin from the Detroit server gets an RPC payload not encrypted error when clicking on Dallas server. Both servers are running Moodle 1.8.2+ (2007021520). Dallas is running Ubuntu PHP 5.1.2 and Detroit is running RedHat with PHP 5.1.6. Any suggestions on what my next step should be? Thanks - Anthony
Atsakymas į Anthony Borrow

Mike Chambers -
Hi Guys,

I've been watching this discussion for quite some time now. We are in a similar situation. Moodles 1.9.2 beta setup on Linux with internal ip addresses, and moodle network configured using the infomation on Moodle Docs.

So far I've had pretty much the same responces as what has been discussed in these forums.

No seamless, login action yet...

Mainly getting 'You do not have permission to begin a remote session.' when attempting to move from a-b or b-a. I also get various RPC complaints as well.

Setting up SSO Access control + roles made no difference for us on this system.

Apologies for the vagueness but basically no joy yet.

Happy Holidays
Mike
Atsakymas į Tom Hogan

Simon Allison -

All I did is give Authenticated Users -> roam to another moodle and Students -> roam to another moodle

problem solved!