Please supply more information
- WebCT version
- How WebCT export was created
- Moodle version
- What steps you have taken
- What you expect to happen
- Errors or other messages
You should be aware of the following bits of information:
- WebCT (at least, 4.1CE, the one I have access to) has two types of "course export" or "course backup".
- There is "Course Backup" which can be performed by an instructor (or someone who has instructor level access). DO NOT USE THIS. This "Backup" is encrypted and can only be used to restore a WebCT backup to WebCT.
- There is "Course Export" which is available only to the site administrator. This tool is available on the command line or can be installed into the web interface. Also, it can be made available to Insructors, but at the discretion of the site admin. DO use this tool. In my WebCT installation, it is accessible to instructors by clicking "Control Panel->Manage Course->Export Content->Export Course (radio button)"
- There is a WebCT-to-Moodle import tool. See the following: http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=94 It works, pretty much.
- You will have to do a good bit of manual manipulation to get the course actually working in Moodle. WebCT and Moodle are just too different from an inherent design standpoint to analagously transfer content without any tweaking.
good luck, seeyalater...