New FLASH Theme --> Nahuel Green

New FLASH Theme --> Nahuel Green

by Juan Aburto -
Number of replies: 24

hey is ready but tomorrow i will upload it!

it will have the flash header

Preview the theme - no Flash header today!

Attachment nahuel_green.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Aburto

Re: New FLASH Theme --> Nahuel Green

by Bryan Williams -

Hi Juan,

As I said before, I'm a big fan of what you are doing.  This looks TERRIFIC!  Are there any restrictions on using this theme when you make it available?

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Juan Aburto -
yes i forgot to tested for 800 x 600 screen resolution, when i did some small bugs, but i will fix it tonight. 
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -
I did not have the time today to correct the problem for the screen resol.. I try tomorrow..
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Juan Aburto -

What the hell... I just fix it now... depends on the demands if have over ten people asking for the theme i'll uploaded here. big grin.

Best of all no bugs.!

• works fine in 800 x 600 and over.
  • Flash header using your own School, Academic, Uni  Name
  • It comes with a free drinks

Show your support for my work and ask for it! here

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Paul Duff -

Hi Juan

Looks good - watched this thread with interest.  If you share the files, we'd certainly like to try them ...........

Paul

In reply to Juan Aburto

by John Gone -
Hi Juan,
Nice theme! Just wanted to mention that Jacob was using Moodle software, the whole thing, when he was the only registered course participant, other than Martin, of course. I don't understand the minimum requirement of 10 requests before you'll share your theme. Maybe I'm missing something here... thoughtful is this sort of like Open Source with a twist?
In reply to John Gone

by Juan Aburto -

just a number thing to see some support thats all..

eventually I will release... smile just to have some fun here.

3 down 7 to go

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
To be honest, I think you'd get fifty people, no problems!

But please also think of the excess emails you are generating in all our mailboxes ... how about setting up facilities on your demo site ... for example an open Forum for theme discussion/debugging and maybe a Choice module for voting on things

That way you'll easily be able to see support for the theme.

In reply to Juan Aburto

by W Page -
Ha!
6 Down ! ! !
Attachment 6_md_wht.gif
In reply to W Page

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

Demand help for creating themes then make people beg for it? 

I'll be unsubscribing from this forum now........

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Juan Aburto -

I would never demand anything, I did ask for help, do not put action or word over me... asking for support is another thing, is encouraging to do better, all themes are available for FREE the last one still debugging I can not yet release it. Just do not put me in this possition becouse comments like this can ruin someone reputation. I have been espending just today 5 hours and still doing extra work to fix a bug a person found... I am currently living in Sydney - Australia, and if you see carefully the times when i post in this forums probably is 2, 3 even 4.30 am... (1.30am-> server time 23.30pm)working to do a better theme, i have not ak for money or charity, I did ask for help i did not demand, I ask for support and encouragement, and problably I misuse the word demand or as you can probably see my inglish is like a TARZAN. movie.

in spanish language "la demanda de un producto es " / "the demand of a  products is" it may sound stupid but I use the word in that spirit.

Comments like yours can actually harm instead of making a contribution.

well maybe I still do not make any sense to you.

You know what while you post your comments in here I was actually working on the last theme to give it away. I know that I have to debug the theme before zipped and posted in here for other people, so i came with that idea to ask for "demand of the product" to just ten people, now this types of comments make me rethink of what I will actually accomplish by spending so many hours when people like you does not apreciate contributions like the one I am putting here.

Let me tell you that now is 1am here in sydney.

This is what your post in here

Demand help for creating themes then make people beg for it? 

Lady I have not ask any one to BEG Anything!! I honestly can not understand how someone can put words over my mouth like this.

Beg, beg! really... have I really use that word here...

If I do not ask for members support what else.

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Bryan Williams -

Juan,

I agree with both WP and Ray.  I think Chardelle is over reacting a little bit, in light of all the hard work you have put into this beautiful theme.  That you are freely contributing this to the Moodle community speaks volumes on your humanity.  Asking the community to test things out and be a little more responsive is very reasonable.  Language is both a blessing and a curse, don't you think.

Bryan 

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by W Page -
Chardelle,

Juan only meant his comments in "fun".  Also, as you can see the participants in the thread were having a good time with it.  big grin

Juan has been working very hard on this theme. 

I hope you made your comments in jestsmile

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Ray Lawrence -

This follows on from WP's post - but these are my comments, I'll leave Chardelle to make her own response to the above if she feels it appropriate to do so.

Juan,

You have a lot of people here who are already fans of your work and will be happy to help you if you'll let them. That help will range from expert guidance and comments from highly proficient coders to more general comments from people like me who can't code for toffee but will try things out and give you some feedback if we can.

Over time I've seen resources which are already impressive (if not fully finished) released into the community and watched as they've been tested, commented upon, refined and eventually cherished by those who use them. I'm constantly amazed and humbled by the work and expertise which freely offered in these forums without precondition.

However well intentioned your approach to making your theme available was I can fully understand how anyone may have found this out of step with the uncondtional generosity which is so often to be found in the forums on this site. I think if you review the comments further up the discussion that others were making this point gently too.

Best wishes.

Ray

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Art Lader -
Everyone gets testy now and again. Everyone is misunderstood once in a while. As long as it's not the norm, it's part of any active, thriving community, right?

I am, however, beginning to see the wisdom of this thread --> http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=7593

In that spirit, you might enjoy this:

A man was driving in Cornwall when his car suddenly broke down five miles from anywhere.

He did the normal, uneducated motorist's thing and opened the bonnet, not really having a clue what to look for.

He fiddled with a few wires then lifted his head to look around for the nearest sign of life from where he hoped to get help. There was nothing.

He looked at the engine again and suddenly heard a voice saying: "Check the fuses!" There was nothing but a big, black horse looking over the fence at him. Puzzled, he checked the fuses and sure enough one of them had blown. He was able to temporarily repair the fault and get to the garage in the next village.

He talked to the Cornish attendant and told him of his recent situation, to which the garage attendant said: "Ooh, was there a big black 'orse there?"

"Yes," said the man. "Ooh, you was lucky... the white one doesn't know anything about cars!"

Not so funny? maybe this one:

A man goes into a bar with his little Jack Russell terrier. He puts the dog on the bar stool next to him. The bartender wanders over and the man says: "I'll have a pot thanks, mate." The dog says: "I'll have the same."

The bartender does a double- take and looks over to the dog and asks: "Did you just talk?"

"Yep," says the dog. "My God! That's incredible. This is unreal. Who would have thought: a talking dog, here in my bar? Tell me more about yourself. You must have had an amazing life as a talking dog."

The dog assumes an indifferent pose and speaks in quite a matter-of-fact manner.

"Yeah, you could say it's been a journey. I trained for a while with the US Marines. Saw a bit of action in Iraq - can't tell you more. I joined the Bolshoi Ballet for a stint. That was hard work but incredibly satisfying. I've written a few best-selling novels in my spare time. That was good fun. Of course, there have been film offers, TV shows. Wine, women and song. All that."

The bartender is now purple with excitement. He turns to the man. "We could make a fortune. We could charge people to come into this bar and hear your dog talk. How much would you charge to allow your dog to talk here?"

"About $10," the man replies.

"Why only $10 - that's madness," exclaims the bartender. The man answers: "He's a liar. He hasn't done half those things."

No good? maybe this one:

A duck waddles into a bar and hops on a stool. The bartender, irritated, says, "What'll you have?"

The duck says, "Got any pickles?"

The bartender spits and says "We don't have pickles here, We serve drinks. Now get out!"

The duck hops off the stool and waddles out.

The next day, the same duck waddles into the same bar, hops on a stool, looks the bartender in the eye and asks, "Got any pickles?"

The bartender, irritated, says, "I told you yesterday we don't serve pickles here, we serve drinks, now GET OUT!"

The duck hops off the stool and waddles out.

The next days the same duck waddles into the same bar and hops on a stool, looks at the bartender, and asks: "Got any pickles?"

The bartender, infuriated, POUNDS his fist on the bar and yells at the duck. "I told you two times we don't serve pickles here, we serve drinks! If you ask me ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to nail your beak to the bar! NOW GET OUT!"

With that the duck shrugged, hopped off the stool, and waddled out.

The next day, the same duck waddled into the same bar, hopped on a stool, looked the bartender in the eye and asked: "Got any nails?"

The bartender, puzzled, said "No."

The duck then looked him square in the eye and said, "Got any pickles?"

Still nothing? maybe you need a little rugby. --> http://www.mmiweb.com/showsyertackle/

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by W Page -
Great mood breakers Art!

Totally picked up the mood of the thread.

Good move.

WP1

In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Juan Aburto -

Finish! after few problems as you may notice here,are the 2 themes working just fine, all problems fixed and ready for you guys to enjoys. In the flash movie you can actually change the Scool name to any thing you like editing the textos.txt wich must be located in your root folder.

any questions or request ask Chardelle,

coz after all the fuz I'm out!.

Good luck

Juan Aburto

In reply to Juan Aburto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hey, Juan! Thanks for the work! approve

Please don't take a mere two lines in this forum too personally ... we're a diverse bunch of adults here and there are bound to be differences in viewpoint and poor communication - we can still listen to each other and work towards harmony, though, eh? big grin

I think if you look at your thread the responses are pretty supportive! So relax, man, and let's keep going with the fun stuff - making good software!   And please consider my idea of starting your own forum for discussing/debugging your theme, I think you'll find interesting things might happen!
In reply to Juan Aburto

by Hans de Zwart -

I am with 4 smile

We all like it! 10 down, zero to go.

Problem solved... big grin