login --> signup.php

login --> signup.php

by Herbert Keijers -
Number of replies: 9
I'm not shure if I should fill in a bug report so you 'll find my story first here to consult a second opinion.
My site runs in the Dutch language (Nederlands). The locale is set on nl_NL (in the admin/configuration section).
No one can subscribe anymore to the moodle environnement. People are left with the attached error message (see picture below).

The odd thing is : If I use as locale-en they can subscribe! But of course this leaves me with some english words in the courses.
Summary :
using lang "English" with local - en : no problem
Using lang "Nederlands" with local - en no problem (except for some words ...)
Using lang "Nederlands" with local - nl_NL creating new account impossible.

Using lang "Nederlands" with empty local field results in resetting the field in nl_NL after I look again ...
I had never a problem like this before, I'm on the latest cvs
Must be a language thing or ...
Attachment signup.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Herbert Keijers

Re: login --> signup.php

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

running Moodle 1.3 development (2004050500) in productionenvironment with your settings and no problems ( www.ritacollege/be/elo )

No idea sad

Custom theme ???

In reply to koen roggemans

by Herbert Keijers -
Hi Koen (we ''ll keep it in english) smile
Run Beta 2004051100 on a production machine.
You can check http://www.vanhorne.nl/moodlecursus wich runs the default theme.
Play with the choosen language and you 'll see. (f.i. just fill in a username and submit)

I can't explain it either. Will look if the file had changes in cvs.
If not, tomorrow I clean the cache, machine consumes a tremendous high value of memory.
I'm using PHP-accelerator
See http://www.vanhorne.nl choose "info".
I used a fresh copy of the beta, deleting the old and replaced the code.

If time, I see how it reacts on my test server at home.

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Heu, I don't see any problem (made a new account, as you can see, logged in, surfed around)

Did I mis something ?

In reply to koen roggemans

by Herbert Keijers -
Now I get confused, and a little bit worried ... mixed
(On my test machine freeBSD all is oke, brrr...)
I definitely clear the /tmp dir tomorrow !
Thanks for info.

Attachment login.png

by Herbert Keijers -
I solved the problem by comparing the cvs versions of signup.php and deleted the red color around line 91.
$string = eregi_replace("[^(-\.[:alnum:])]", "", $user->username);

This seems to solve my problem. Normal signup procedures are working again ...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK, this was added recently to solve a problem with German and other languages ..."Invalid range end" eh?    I wonder why this only happens with some locales?  (What locale are you using by the way?)

I may have to go back to plain alphanumerical characters again for login names.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Herbert Keijers -
Martin,
lang --> "Nederlands(nl)"
locale --> "nl_NL"
It only comes up at the production machine ( a rather old Red Hat 7.2 patched system)
I have no problem with it on a test machine (a rather new freeBSD 5.1 system) using the same lang - locale combination.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

Not working for Czech locale/cs too (using encoding iso-8859-2 on Windows with mbstring extension, full overloading of string functions).

IMHO some option should be placed in config.php, default setting could be ASCII characters and numbers only.

skodak

PS: actually thera are two files to edit - login/signup.php and user/edit.php.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK, these are enough reasons to go back to the plain alphabet method as a default.

I'll add an option for those who want to try using NO parsing at all.