PHM newly arrived to Berkeley, California

PHM newly arrived to Berkeley, California

av Anthony Borrow -
Antal svar: 8
Bild av Core developers Bild av Plugin developers Bild av Testers
I have moved from Dallas, Texas to Berkeley, California. I am unpacking and getting ready to begin a Masters in Theology in preparation or ordination. Now that I am in northern California I wanted to let others know should there be need of any Moodle advocacy in the area. I am happy to spread the word, share my experience, etc. Are there any other Moodlers here in the bay area? Perhaps we could have a local bug smashing party or something. Peace - Anthony
Medeltalet av utvärderingarna: -
Som svar till Anthony Borrow

Re: PHM newly arrived to Berkeley, California

av Art Lader -
Good luck in your new endeavors, Anthony!

-- Art

av Bill Foreman -
Hi Anthony--I live in SF and teach high school in Hayward, CA at Hayward High. I have tried to install moodle on my own server space (quicker and much more flexibility than going through the district) but have not been able to. I have a lot of experience developing curriculum, both electronic and not, but am very much not a code person. Moodle looks like it's the direction I want to go, and in terms of advocacy I think the best type is for someone to do good work for others to see. I'd love to hear from you. If nothing else, I could use some help getting things installed!

Also--though I haven't been in some time (since November) I get to Glide Memorial often, hopefully more this upcoming break. I'm part of the Glide Buddhist contingent, suprisingly large. If you haven't made it to a service it's worthwhile.

Thanks,

Bill
Som svar till Bill Foreman

av Matt Gibson -
Hi Bill.

Any details of your server setup? Its normally pretty easy to get things going provided all the necessary stuff is in place.

Matt

av Merv Duffy -

Anthony

I'm involved with a small Catholic Theological College. We're using Moodle. Do you know of any online community involving Theological Education and Moodle?

Merv

Som svar till Merv Duffy

av Anthony Borrow -
Merv - I know of a couple of places that are using Moodle including the Graduate Theological Union and of course one of the largest Moodle sites is Christian Courses. I'm not sure exactly what you might be looking for but feel free to let me know and we'll try to get you connected with folks. Peace - Anthony

av Kym Kline -
Hi,
I am new also to the Berkeley area and I manage an online campus for the Spiritual Paths Institute of Santa Barbara. However, I do not have a background in computers and I am looking for someone that we can hire to give us support for our system. Our campus is very small and the help we would need would be infrequent and probably not very complex compared to most systems. If any of you are interested or know how I can find someone local who would be interested, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!
Kym
Som svar till Kym Kline

av Anthony Borrow -
Kym - Unfortunately I am now in Houston, Texas so I will not be able to do anything locally. I'll let you know if I think of anyone in the area that may be able to offer some help. Peace - Anthony