I am trying to migrate a course from Blackboard (not sure what version) to Moodle 1.8. (The Bb version is not important for this question). It is not clear at all to me how to do this. I have searched and searched, and the best answer to my question "How to do this?" is as follows:
1) Create a new course
2) Go to new course and click on "Restore"
3) Upload .zip file to resoration directory.
4) Do restore from that file.
This seems very counter-intuitive, so maybe I am getting something wrong. I mean, do I really have to "Create a new course" just to restore it? Shouldn't the restoration process allow me to create a new course from the restoration?
Also, my understanding is that step (3) and (4) should work because the previous work done on Bb-to-Moodle migration is incorporated into Moodle now, and is not a separate module/tool. Is that also correct?
Oh, but there is a problem with step (3) -- "Max 2MB". My Bb course export is
The documentation I have found is spotty at best and does not address any of my questions, really.
- The "BB to Moodle Content Conversion Tool" mentioneed here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=32049 . This forum posting is over two years old -- is this functionality built in to Moodle now? Also, is CTT a stand alone tool that requires a Tomcat server to run? Also, does it get stuff out of the Bb system, and thus need to be run on the same server as Bb, or does it convert a Bb export file to Moodle? Not clear...
- Am I missing something about "Restore"? I did find one mention of the possibility that Restore ought to be present on the main course listing page but I don't have it. I don't have any administrative tools, in fact. What am I doing wrong?