Quiz module

Quiz module

by William Hughes -
Number of replies: 5

We have entered questions on our quiz.

However, within the list of answer choices to choose from, we have a choice out there of "Not Applicable". How do we throw that question out of the grading if they choose this answer for the question.

We don't want that question to count against or for that total score for that quiz. It throws our data off when we are doing analysis on it.

Thanks,

Will

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Hughes

Re: Quiz module

by Kendra Smith -

Will,

Did you try setting the Penalty factor? or leaving the grade at None? What type of question is it? Multiple Choice, True False, etc.

Penalty factor

You can specify what fraction of the achieved score should be subtracted for each wrong response. This is only relevant if the quiz is run in adaptive mode so that the student is allowed to make repeated responses to the question. The penalty factor should be a number between 0 and 1. A penalty factor of 1 means that the student has to get the answer right in his first response to get any credit for it at all. A penalty factor of 0 means the student can try as often as he likes and still get the full marks.

Have you posted this in the Quiz Module Forum? You may be more likely to receive more help.

kendra

In reply to Kendra Smith

by William Hughes -

It's a multiple choice question. I am not sure I understand the Penalty factor. Can you explain that in "lamen's" terms.

Thanks,

Will

by William Hughes -

I tried using the Penalty factor in the answers. It didn't do what I was expecting. Does anyone have an answer?

-Will

by John Isner -
It depends on what you were expecting smile
In reply to John Isner

by William Hughes -

I am wanting it to not count that question as part of the total points so it doesn't screw with my data. Not Applicable means that it doesn't pertain to that certain person.

-Will