Unenrolling Student from course

Unenrolling Student from course

by Mawuli Kuivi -
Number of replies: 5
When you unenroll a student from a course now, the student is completely removed from the course.

Would it be a good thing to have a way to keep the students in the course without removing the student from the course completely.

Would be nice to have a field in the role_assignment or some other table that keeps a record of the student that have dropped from a course.

Right now, we are thinking of creating a new role that students that have dropped from the course assigned. This way we can access their work during the time they were in the course and they cannot access the course.

Has Moodle done anything work in this area or plan this for future work?

Thanks,
M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mawuli Kuivi

Re: Unenrolling Student from course

by John Isner -
I'm pretty sure that when a student is unenrolled from a course, all information relating to that student in that course (student data, submissions, grades etc.) are retained in case the student should be re-enrolled at a future date. If I were you, I would test with a fake student.
In reply to John Isner

by Petr Kalis -
Yes this is working, but i dont know if it is any way for teachers to learn who has been enrolled in their's courses after they unenrolled him. Admin can look into the database and there he can get the idea, but teachers?
PK
In reply to Petr Kalis

by Mawuli Kuivi -
So there has to be a way of keeping the student in the course without removing the student completely from the Course for teacher to see who used to be in the course if needed.
In reply to Mawuli Kuivi

by Petr Kalis -
If the teachers think about it, they can export all students and their grades from Grades in Administration block in the course to excel file and save it.
But if they forget about it, and they have no other backup, for example backup of whole course, then it may be a problem.
PK
In reply to Petr Kalis

by Mawuli Kuivi -
That is also a solution. But when you have continuous enrollment where student start the course at anytime and end anytime, you will be doing a lot of file downloads for your record.

Will be nice to have to record in Moodle. Hence a flag to tell that this student used to be in this Course.