several questions in one page

several questions in one page

ó $a->name - $a->date
Number of replies: 15

Is there a way that have several questions in one page  or "question block" in quiz module at question bank? It contains one main article with several  sub-questions. So students can read at main article first then answers the questions on the same page. If you are suggesting about main article on each question, then that is not acceptable!!

For example,

Article:..........................

1)sub-question 1 as above

a)answer A

b)answer B

2)sub-question 2 as above

a)answer A

b)answer B

Meán na gcomhlán: -
In reply to Coy Detherage

Re: several questions in one page

ó $a->name - $a->date
Suppose you want to base four questions on the article. Use a Description question for the article itself (Description is one of the question types in the Create new question drop down). In the Description, say something like "The next four questions are based on this article." Then ask your four questions.
In reply to John Isner

ó $a->name - $a->date
What about when you also want to shuffle questions? Then the "next 4 questions" warning won't make sense, and neither will the questions themselves...

Any solution? This happens on a lot of tests in the real world; surely there's something to be done...
In reply to Christopher Hota

ó $a->name - $a->date
You could lump the article and sub-questions into a single Cloze-type question, but then you would lose the ability to shuffle choices. I don't think there is a solution that meets all of your requirements.

I have seen other requests for this functionality (for example, this one) and I agree that it would be very useful.

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry, I do not understand your question. Maybe you could give a real world example?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

ó $a->name - $a->date
Sally is a girl with a sore throat. She comes into your office and asks for advice.

1) What is the most probably cause of Sally's sore throad?
a) strep
b) mono
c) neither
2) What form do you have to fill out to report Sally's problem?
a) WS-1099
b) CFS-234
c) DD-109
3) What advice should you give Sally?
a) Plenty of bedrest
b) Drink lots of water
c) all of the above
In reply to Christopher Hota

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well, it's dead easy to put all of those on one quiz page, see attached. I don't see the problem.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg

ó $a->name - $a->date

That is what exactly I did, but what about shuffle questions? Let me give you another example. If we are using "shuffle questions" option, then it will look like this. If you are suggesting that we shouldnt use "shuffle questions" option, then we cant do that because it is really neccessary.

1) What is the most probably cause of Sally's sore throad?

a) strep
b) mono
c) neither

Sally is a girl with a sore throat. She comes into your office and asks for advice.

2) What form do you have to fill out to report Sally's problem?

a) WS-1099
b) CFS-234
c) DD-109

a) Plenty of bedrest
b) Drink lots of water
c) all of the above

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is going to sound silly, but why don't you just turn off the shuffle questions option?
In reply to Tim Hunt

ó $a->name - $a->date
There will be people sit 2 to 3 feet away from each other and they will easily copy answers from someone.  So shuffle question option will prevent them to cheating or copying. 

ó $a->name - $a->date
No amount of questions shuffling, "secure browser windows", technology, ... will prevent people intent on cheating or copying from doing so. I think time is better spent devising questions / quizzes which make cheating useless, educating students by showing how cheating is worthless, etc.
Joseph

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ultimately nothing can prevent cheating. Teachers can be vigilant, you can shuffle the questions, etc. the goal is to discourage cheating or copying. Peace - Anthony

ó $a->name - $a->date
You could shuffle the answers and not the questions.
In reply to Miguel Santos

ó $a->name - $a->date
Well, shuffling the answers wouldn't work for questions 1 & 3:

1) What is the most probably cause of Sally's sore throat?
a) strep
b) mono
c) neither

a) Plenty of bedrest
b) Drink lots of water
c) all of the above

ó $a->name - $a->date
It's a shame the random short answer matching doesn't work with multichoice questions because you could then just put all three questions in one sub-category with nothing else, so they would always appear together.

ó $a->name - $a->date
I have the same problem. For tests it is very important to shuffle the questions. I would like the have a feature to group questions und start with just one text for all subquestions.