We face a serious problem. Our database got corrupted after the 11.6 upgrade, because the database did not convert to utf8-unicode (but since we recieved no error messages during the upgrade we assumed it was OK. Upgrading to 1.7 or 1.8 was impossible, so we created a clean 1.8 install and moved backed up courses from the 1.6 environment to the 1.8 and restored them.
At first everything went very smoothly, but the more courses we restored the more of them refused to unzip. It started with a course of 250 Mb, but by now we are down to courses larger than 3 Mb refusing to unzip:
- Creating temporary structures
- Deleting old data
- Copying zip file
- Unzipping backup <= And here it stops!
I am at my wits end, for we have moved 500 courses and have 300 courses left to move before next week!