Possible to theme glossaries?

Possible to theme glossaries?

Bill Mounce -
Колькасьць адказаў: 8
Is it possible to theme the appearance of a glossary when it pops up?

The screen shot is of the standard glossary on my system. All I want to show up is the contents of the box without the two links, "Parsing hint #1 (6.1):" and "Teacher hints for Biblical Greek I". No Moodle header. No bread crumbs. And nothing below the "Close this window" button.

Thanks.

Bill
Укладаньне glossary.jpg
Сярэдняе рэйтынгаў: -
У адказ на Bill Mounce

Re: Possible to theme glossaries?

Joseph Rézeau -
Выява Core developers Выява Particularly helpful Moodlers Выява Plugin developers Выява Testers Выява Translators

To remove everything except for the entry definition itself from your glossary popup window add this CSS declaration at the end of one of your theme's CSS files:

#mod-glossary-showentry #header,
#mod-glossary-showentry .navbar,
#mod-glossary-showentry .concept,
#mod-glossary-showentry .helplink,
#mod-glossary-showentry a {
 display:none;
 visibility:hidden;
}

Please note that this will also hide away any link (e.g. to external site) present in your glossary entries. If you need to display them, then remove from above this line:

#mod-glossary-showentry a

See result in attached screen shot.

However, in that case, the link to the Glossary itself will be displayed in the Glossary entry window. There is unfortunately no way to remove that for the moment.

Joseph

PS.- I don't see any glossary in Course Biblical Greek I on your site. Where is it?

Укладаньне image00.jpg
У адказ на Joseph Rézeau

Bill Mounce -
Joseph,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am on 1.8.2 of Moodle.

Can I put this code at the end of any css file? Is there one in particular for the glossaries that I should use?

If you go to my site and take the class "Biblical Greek 1," and then take the quiz marked "Exercises for chapter 6," you will see the popup for the first word.

I just checked this and found out that guests can't take quizzes. I messaged you a password for a user account.

Thanks.

Bill
У адказ на Bill Mounce

Joseph Rézeau -
Выява Core developers Выява Particularly helpful Moodlers Выява Plugin developers Выява Testers Выява Translators
Yes, you can put the CSS declaration I posted at the end of any of your CSS files of your current theme. I would suggest
formal_white/fw_layout.css

ATB

Joseph

У адказ на Joseph Rézeau

Elizabeth Senger -

Joseph,

Thanks for this - perfect solution for what I needed in my glossary!  However,  there is this odd trailing character left as well at the bottom.  I'm so close!  Any suggestions?

Here's a screenshot of where I stand now...I pretty much just want the video to pop-up with a Close Window button.  I'm haven't figured out where the blue bar at the top is coming from either, but it's minor.  This is for a sign language class, so everything is video based which is making life interesting.

Укладаньне GlossaryWindow.jpg
У адказ на Elizabeth Senger

Joseph Rézeau -

Elizabeth,

I am glad that that old hack of mine is still working and is useful to some people. I am aware of the display of the » sign at the bottom right of the Glossary window, but it is impossible to remove it with a pure CSS solution.

If a) you definitely want to have a "clean" Glossary window and b) are prepared to hack your moodle core files, then I can look for another solution for you. Just send me an e-mail (see my profile).

Joseph

PS.- I will post a bug report in the tracker for a more convenient feature to be proposed in moodle 2.0.