Removing deleted user from remote site user list

Removing deleted user from remote site user list

by Chad Miller -
Number of replies: 1
I've been experimenting a bit with the new network features in 1.8 the problem I can't seem to figure out is how to delete a remote user from my list of users on my site.

Site A and Site B are linked.

User logs into Site A and roams to Site B.
User is removed from Site A as he no longer needs access to the moodle system but still shows up in the Browse list of Users on Site B.

I have not been able to figure out how to remove the user from the list on Site B. While this does not pose a huge problem beacuse the user cannot login to Site A and get to Site B it does pose a problem of excess accounts being shown in the list that really don't exist anymore.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Miller

Re: Removing deleted user from remote site user list

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Chad - If there is not already a process, it would be nice of there was some type of synchronization process where by Site B checks to make sure that the user account on Site A is still valid; however, I can envision situations where you would want to leave Site B alone. For example, Site A mistakenly goes in and makes a student inactive and incapable of logging in. They really should not remove him from the database but they could mark him as a deleted user. If Site B automatically were to delete the user then it would automatically have to re-enroll him when Site A corrects their mistake. However since the user cannot access Site B without access to Site A nothing needs to be done when the student returns. So ultimately I think it gets tricky and I start to wonder if it is worth doing or better to just leave it the way that it is. Peace - Anthony