Excluded appearing in gradebook for no reason

Excluded appearing in gradebook for no reason

by Nicola Bennett -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

In the gradebook it is showing excluded next to a number of users for different assessments. None of these assesments have got grade exceptions selected for any user. See image.

If there are no exceptions set, why is excluded appearing?

Hope someone can answer my question.

Thanks
Nicola.

Attachment gradebook.jpg
In reply to Nicola Bennett

Re: Excluded appearing in gradebook for no reason

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Nicola - That is strange behavior that I have not experienced. Just to be sure - which version of Moodle are you using? This is the standard gradebook correct (i.e. not the Gradebookplus Version 2 - GBPv2 patch)? Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Nicola Bennett -

Anthony, I'm using Moodle 1.6 with the standard gradebook.

Any further ideas?

Thanks.

by Anthony Borrow -
Nicola - Sorry for the delay. I've recently moved from Dallas, TX to Berkeley, CA and have been getting enrolled in class and not had much time to get my Moodle fix. What type of activities (i.e. assessments) are those in the gradebook? Are they workshops? I'm sure there is a method to the madness. The first thing you would want to do with 1.6 is to make sure you are using the most updated version of 1.6. You want to make sure that you have the latest as if there was a bug it may have already been fixed. What particular version of Moodle 1.6 do you have? Can you give me the steps that you went through to create the assessment and the grades? The more details I can have the more likely it will be that I or someone else can be able to replicate it and then work toward fixing it if it is a bug. Peace - Anthony

by Nicola Bennett -

Hi Anthony,

These activities are SCORM created outside of Moodle using Tanida Quiz Builder software.

The SCORM settings in Moodle are:

Grading method: Higest grade
Maximum grade: 100
Number of attempts: Unlimited attempts
Attempts grading: Higest attempt

The version of Moodle we have installed is Moodle 1.6.3 (2006050530)

Thanks
Nicola.

by Anthony Borrow -
Nicola - I'm trying to stay focused on Moodle 1.8 and onward at the moment. I would suggest that you create an issue in the tracker so that someone can look at it. It obviously sounds like a bug - perhaps one that was fixed in 1.8 but I am not sure as I have not done much with SCORM activities. Peace - Anthony

by Tim Rhymer -

Im experiencing this as well with SCORM made with Adobe Captivate. I am thinking it has something to do with how the user enters the course or their clicking behavior once in the course. Like if perhaps instead of clicking "Enter Course" they click the link in the contents box the first time.