weird dates in Calendar

weird dates in Calendar

by Mike Jackson -
Number of replies: 8

I am finding that I am getting starnge moth headings when I go to the Calendar detail pages. For example, it says April 2004 when it should say May etc.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong in the set up or should I report this as a bug?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Jackson

Re: weird dates in Calendar

by John Papaioannou -
Hi Michael,

Could you please:

1. Verify that you have the latest file versions
  2. Be more specific ("calendar detail pages?") or provide a screenshot?

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Steven Day -
I'm having the same problem. Just downloaded 1.3B and installed it.
In reply to Steven Day

by Mike Jackson -

Your screenshot shows my problem. I also am finding that the navigation from moth to month does not work. If I go back, I go to Febrary and If I try to go forward, I go to June and then get "stuck".

I am not sure what the problem is, but some of the code that is getting month names/numbers is not working on our installation.

We are using Moodle 1.3 development (2004050500)

In reply to Mike Jackson

by Steven Day -
I'm using 1.3B, which just came out. I too have the same problems: the month shows up fine on the main page, but ahead/back a month the names do not change accordingly. Clicking on the month to open Calendar in another window changes the current month, which is correct, back to April. But the number of days/dates correspond to May.

Funny, it was working with an earlier build just fine.

I reported it on the bug tracker board.

Steven
In reply to Mike Jackson

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This was fixed on the weekend by Jon, but there seems to be some other problems here and there still related to timezones.
In reply to Mike Jackson

by John Papaioannou -
I checked in a fix for this. In addition to getting the latest code for the fix (calendar/lib.php v. 1.29), can you please check the bug tracker and confirm some conclusions I drew while debugging?

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Mike Jackson -

This update to the calendar module fixed the wierd month dates for me. It just took me a while to figure out which patch would work as it was not in the beta or the CVS zip version.

Thanks!