Backup News: Activity Linking...

Backup News: Activity Linking...

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

this is the actual status of activity linking in backup & restore:

- every link done using the file.php script is modified on the fly when restoring.
- All the links to forums (posts, discussions...) from forums (posts) and resources (summary and text) are modified when restoring.
- All the links to resources from forums (posts) and resources (summary and text) are modified when restoring.

(if you find other links to support, please tell me them)

To allow this stuff to work, backup version must be >=2004050801. Older versions won't do any conversion...

Please, test and feedback will be appreciated...ciao smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Backup News: Activity Linking...

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I still don't know if anybody uses it (except us), but....

The wiki-text resource format allows links in a shorthand form viz: forum:236(click here for the forum) or resource:987(read this material). Where the number is the activity id number.

Of course backup/restore breaks those links - if you have some spare time on your hands..... big grin
In reply to Howard Miller

Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Howard,

I've been analysing it and I think I'll be able to implement it tomorrow (aprox.) wink

I'll maintain you informed, ciao smile

PS: We have to select where (table/field) are we going to try such conversions (and "everywhere" isn't a correct answer, sorry), so, having a 3 columns list with this info:

1. Name of the table to process.
  2. Name of the field to process.
  3. Name of the field indicating the "column 2" is in WIKI format.

could help a lot. I imagine that resources->alltext and forum->messages are good candidates, but if you can make the list....

Ciao smile
In reply to Howard Miller

Hi Howard, now it's implemented in CVS (for forum posts and resources text).

Now wiki links to activities are decoded to its new location
when restoring courses. If the link belongs to the course, it's
adjusted as internal, else it's modified to link its original
source (old server).

Please, test it, any feedback will be welcome, ciao smile