Chinese Char. in Html...won't stay

Chinese Char. in Html...won't stay

by Bil Owen -
Number of replies: 0

HI, I don't know if this is related to the htmlarea issue or not....and you’ll have to forgive me, for I know just enough about html to be dangerous, vaguely aware of php, but can follow directions.

I am trying to use simplified Chinese characters in a class, from summaries and topic outline boxes, to lesson modules/branch tables. I have been using html code created in various ways: Word saved as htm, frontpage, Dreamweaver. Have installed both (zh_tw) and (zh_cn) language packs, plus have fonts loaded on the machines we work on.

The first time I paste the html in, it’s fine, but if I go to edit again, change anything, the fonts go kerploey and I am left with question marks. An html box I added will sometimes display Chinese characters and sometimes question marks, depending on turning editing on and off, refresh of browser, etc. I am using both IE and Firefox. I have tried using the html editor on the “jump” buttons in the branch tables…do one, and its shows, try to add more, or try and add more than one at a time, the buttons cease to function. I am trying to do this one course using nothing but Chinese characters, but that html code gets changed somewhere after the first save.

What’s the next direction to go in to try and have Chinese instead of English? And yes, I will have the language in the class forced to (zh_cn).

Average of ratings: -