"500" error after updating - may be Calendar Problem??

"500" error after updating - may be Calendar Problem??

by W Page -
Number of replies: 5
Hello All!

Updated Moodle via CVS using SSH. When I log into the site I get a "500" error. The page I am taken to is ,
http://s12345678.onlinehome.us/moodle/admin/index.php

Interesting thing is I can get to all the sections of the admin page by typing their addresses directly, for example,
http://s12345678.onlinehome.us/moodle/admin/configure.php
If I type in the above address, I am taken to the configuration page and can reach all the links in the config box easily. However, if I save any changes on these linked pages, for example, "Variables" page, I am taken back to the admin index page and get the "500" error. The changes made are saved.

Now, when I switch to "debug" on in the Variables page and I save it, I am taken again to the admin index page and see a message like this,
Notice: Undefined variable: monthname in /homepages/22/x12345999/htdocs/moodle/calendar/lib.php on line 499

Lines 491 thru 502 in /moodle/calendar/lib.php are the following,
switch($type) {
case 'frontpage':
list($prevmonth, $prevyear) = calendar_sub_month($data['m'], $data['y']);
list($nextmonth, $nextyear) = calendar_add_month($data['m'], $data['y']);
$nextlink = calendar_get_link_tag('>>', 'index.php?', 0, $nextmonth, $nextyear);
$prevlink = calendar_get_link_tag('<<', 'index.php?', 0, $prevmonth, $prevyear);
$content .= '<table class="generaltable" style="width: 100%;"><tr>';
$content .= '<td style="text-align: left; width: 12%;">'.$prevlink."</td>\n";
$content .= '<td style="text-align: center;"><a href="'.calendar_get_link_href(CALENDAR_URL.'view.php?view=month&amp;', 1, $data['m'], $data['y']).'">'.$monthname.' '.$data['y']."</a></td>\n";
$content .= '<td style="text-align: right; width: 12%;">'.$nextlink."</td>\n";
$content .= '</tr></table>';
break;

Line 499
in /moodle/calendar/lib.php is the following,
$content .= '<td style="text-align: center;"><a href="'.calendar_get_link_href(CALENDAR_URL.'view.php?view=month&amp;', 1, $data['m'], $data['y']).'">'.$monthname.' '.$data['y']."</a></td>\n";

Could this be causing a "500" error?

What can I do to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me help with this problem.

WP1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: "500" error after updating - may be Calendar Problem??

by W Page -

Hello All!

I again humbly request help for the above problem. shy

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Peter Sanders -
Can I ask who your isp is?
In reply to Peter Sanders

by W Page -

Hi!

Thanks for responding.

1and1.com

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Charil Ferrell -

W Page,

I had this problem so I went to php.com and found the answer....delete the .htaccess file in moodle.  As soon as I deleted that file, my site was back up and running. 

If you install the update 1.2.1 through fantastico you have to do this because fantastico automatically sets this file (data.sql).

Hope this helps.

In reply to Charil Ferrell

by W Page -
Hi Charil,

Thanks for responding.  I have not been able to find a ".htaccess" file or  "data.sql" file in Moodle.  Where did you locate them?

WP1