problem on user roaming

problem on user roaming

Napisane przez: Ye Chen ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 2
In my previous post, I had problem with setting up peers. The problem was still there.
However, I have another two moodle sites, I follow the instruction http://docs.moodle.org/en/admin/mnet/peers to set up peers. but when I do test step 6 on part 2 get user roaming going, I got an error RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:Payload not signed: faultCode 7017 faultString Your IP address does not match the address we have on record. ERROR 2:2:Payload not signed: faultCode 7017 faultString Your IP address does not match the address we have on record.

Is there any one have idea how this error comes and how to fix it?

Thanks
Ye
W odpowiedzi na Ye Chen

Re: problem on user roaming

Napisane przez: Anthony Borrow ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers
Ye - I'm experiencing a similar problem with two Moodle 1.8.2 (2007021520) versions. One is running PHP 5.1.2 and the other is running 5.1.6. The only difference I noticed was in phpinfo under the xml extension the libxml2 Version for one machine was 2.6.24 and the other is 2.6.26. One of the systems is RedHat and the other is Ubuntu. I'm open to any suggestions to help test the Moodle Networking. Peace - Anthony
W odpowiedzi na Anthony Borrow

Re: problem on user roaming

Napisane przez: Donal McMullan ()
Is it possible that the hosts are trying to connect to each other from an address that is not registered to their hostname, for example, if your hosts are on the same LAN:

Hostname: moodleOne.example.com
Resolves to: 7.7.7.7
Connecting from: 192.168.0.100

If MoodleTwo receives data from MoodleOne on the local network (from IP 192.168.0.100), and MoodleOne's wwwroot doesn't resolve to that IP address, then the data exchange will fail.

This can happen where only one of the hosts has an /etc/hosts file entry for the other, but some of my colleagues have also had problems when they've been doing interesting things with VServers, zones, etc.

I'm pretty sure that the libxml2 version mismatch is not causing the problems here, so I'd avoid looking to deeply into that.

I'm planning to add some code to this part of Moodle to offer users a less-strict IP address matching option, because it looks like this is causing problems for too many people.