Questionnaire: Error with View by Response latest version

Questionnaire: Error with View by Response latest version

by Glenaffric Ltd -
Number of replies: 11

Currently have production site running Moodle 1.7+ and Questionnaire v2007010801 - View by Response displays correctly. New test site running Moodle 1.8.2 and Questionnaire v2007010801 (not sure why the number is the same as it's the latest version) does not display boxes or dates correctly in View by Response. Attached is a Word doc with two screenshots. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenaffric Ltd

Re: Questionnaire: Error with View by Response latest version

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1- Regarding the wrong date display in View by Response screen, I am aware of the bug and will provide a fix shortly. If you are in a hurry to get it, send me an e-mail (see my profile).

2- Which visual theme are you using? the box around the answers depends on your actual Moodle theme and on the Questionnaire theme you are using.

The version number does not reflect the latest version you are using. At the moment, the latest version (which is, by the way, identical for Moodle 1.6 through 1.8) is dated 13 June 2007. In your moodle/mod/questionnaire folder, check the date of the most recent file.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Attached is the patch to fix the wrong date display in View by Response screen. In fact, there are a number of lines to remove from function date_response_display($data) in file questiontypes.class.php.
Joseph

by Glenaffric Ltd -

Thanks for this - I tried it with the latest download version but no luck so will try again with CVS version. Not sure which css is in use - test site uses the same custom theme as production site. Where is the css for the Questionnaire mod called?

by Joseph Rézeau -

1- What is the date at the top of your questiontypes.class.php file; is it:

$Id: questiontypes.class.php,v 1.21.2.1 2007/06/13 15:35:22 mchurch Exp

2. CSS

Questionnaire theme selection is located on Questionnaires Editing Questionnaire - General Page (see screenshot). Are you using one of the provided Questionnaire themes (crawcam, default, etc.) or another, custom-made, Questionnaire theme. Please note that the Questinnaire theme is something different from the theme you are using on your Moodle site for all other pages.

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg

by Glenaffric Ltd -

Answers:

1. The date is exactly as given above
  2. I have to admit I had forgotten that feature but it is not used in either site - for both the selection is just 'Choose...'

Sorry to be such a pest but your efforts are much appreciated and I do like the new option buttons across the top of the results screen smile

by Glenaffric Ltd -

I've tried this again, confirming version as you specified but when I click on the link to a Questionnaire, I just get a blank screen. Any ideas?

Thanks

by Joseph Rézeau -

Usually a blank screen is a sign that a PHP error has occurred somewhere. To see what error it is, you need to enable the PHP error reporting. In Moodle 1.8, for example, go to Administration Server Debugging and select ALL or DEVELOPER.

Then report here what kind of error message you are getting.

Joseph

by Glenaffric Ltd -

This is the error message:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http:///moodle/mod/questionnaire/view.php?id=41Line Number 147, Column 559:    <div id="content"><table align="right" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="0" ><tr><td><form name="print" method="post" action="print.php" target="_new" style="display: inline;padding:0px;margin:0px"><input type="hidden" name="qid" value="1" /><input type="hidden" name="rid" value="0" /><input type="hidden" name="sec" value="1" /><input type="submit" value="Print Blank" name="print" title="Opens printer-friendly window with blank Questionnaire"/></form><td align="right" valign="middle"><span class="returnLink"><a href="report.php?instance=1&sid=1&qact=vresp">All responses- view 57</a></span></td></tr></table><div class="message">You are not eligible to take this questionnaire.</div>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Joseph Rézeau -
  1. When I set debugging to DEVELOPER I get the same error message as you do. That message is about strict compliance to XML standards, but it should not prevent the Questionnaire Module from executing.
  2. When I set debugging to ALL (Show all reasonable PHP debug messages) I see a number of PHP notices, e.g. "Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle\www\moodle18dev\moodle\mod\questionnaire\locallib.php on line 536". Again, those are just "notices" saying that something is not quite right in the PHP programming, but should not prevent the program from executing.
  3. Finally, with debugging set to NONE, the Questionnaire module executes fine on my Moodle 1.8 installation.

You do not say on which of your Moodle installations you are getting the blank page (1.7 or 1.8). You might try to re-install the actual version of Questionnaire (from the plugins section or from CVS is you are using CVS) and see what happens. I am still working on the patch re your message here Error with View by Response latest version. and hoping to incorporate a few more minor patches before committing to CVS (in the coming weeks).

Please keep me informed,

ATB

Joseph

by Bee Bell -
Having problems with View by Response in questionnaire. I get the questionnaire rather than the results by person.

Is any hope to fix this? I use Moodle 1.8.2 and I would really like to have back this feature that was working correctly with version 1.6.2 smile
In reply to Bee Bell

by Joseph Rézeau -
> Having problems with View by Response in questionnaire. I get the questionnaire rather than the results by person.

What do you mean by "I get the questionnaire ..." ? Could you attach a screen shot please?

Joseph