Direct enrolment according to profile field?

Direct enrolment according to profile field?

by Vedran Mušica -
Number of replies: 1
I need help.

We have developed new auth plugin for eduroam scheme. Now, my institution (Srce, University Computing Centre, Croatia) tries to make Moodle instalation for our University.

My problems are:

1. Is it anyhow possible to automatically enrol users to one whole category according to some field from user profile (eg. Institution, or some user field)?
  • Or, is it possible to automatically enrol users to course according to some field in user profile and some field in course prefs?
If one of those above is possible, is it possible to limit users view just to that category? My Moodle is not an option, because it lacks functionality of first page, ans has ONLY one advantage: it shows enrolled courses only. If that can be made on first page, that would be great. Not related to problems before: is it anyhow possible for first page to display just parent categories, without subcategories and courses? For now it is possible to display just categories without courses, but WITH subcategories. What should be changed on course index.php page to show only category, without subcategories and without courses? I'm not that good in programming, that's why I need help with this problems.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Vedran Musica
Average of ratings: -