Invalid command 'php_flag'

Invalid command 'php_flag'

by Garrett Garrett -
Number of replies: 3

I installed Moodle using Fatastico and get the following error in my logs

[Wed May  5 16:44:21 2004] [error] [client xx.xxx.62.199] File does not exist: /home/xxxx/public_html/500.shtml
[Wed May  5 16:44:21 2004] [alert] [client 66.112.62.199] /home/xxxx/public_html/tutorial/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I checked the config.php file and everything looks ok..??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Garrett Garrett

Re: Invalid command 'php_flag'

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is a hosting issue of some sort, you may need to check it out with you provider. They are not running PHP as a CGI are they? You could just take the php_flag line out of .htaccess and see how you get on.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Garrett Garrett -

Thank you for your response.

This was a wierd issue that ended up being something wrong with the directory.  I checked CHMOD and permissions look ok.  I figured this out after I was not even able to access a straight html page under the docs directory.  I copied the entire context to a new directory and changed the config file and all is working.

I am having troubles adding a user though.  I receive this error. "Tried to send you an email but failed!"

Where can I check the email settings?

In reply to Garrett Garrett

by Kim Flintoff -

Hi Garrett,

I've just installed Moodle using FANTASTICO and seem to have encountered the difficulty you described in your initial post.  Can I ask for further clarification of what you actually did to solve the issue?

As I read it you initially set everything up in a directory called for convenience MOODLE - when this didn't work you just copied everything to a new folder called SOMETHING and modified the config.php file to reflect the shift and it all worked??

Any assistance appreciated...

Thanks

Kim